Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loving everything about my 09 Coupe, except the annoying rattling sound coming from the passenger side. Is this common? Am I the only one having this problem?

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Your question is so vague. What are the driving conditions when the rattles occur? Rough roads? Stereo set at high volume?

I know my passenger side panel vibrates when I crank the stereo high.

·
Registered
851 Posts
uhm, i get it aswell.. i found out that its the seat belt hitting the door beam or the seat... i know when i buckle it in i dont hear it...
anyways, the car has a lot of rattle from the rear deck and the boston g2's i just got, its going to be even worse, so im preparing to dynamat that shit!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your question is so vague. What are the driving conditions when the rattles occur? Rough roads? Stereo set at high volume?

I know my passenger side panel vibrates when I crank the stereo high.
I keep the stereo at a high volume and I drive through rough roads on my way to work.

·
lol wut
570 Posts
I keep the stereo at a high volume and I drive through rough roads on my way to work.
That may be why. Sometimes, I find that the door speakers generate too much bass at high volume (usually when the volume is at 15 or above), to the point where they start rattling the panels or it sounds like the speaker cones are rattling from the bass. The only advice I have for you, is to turn the stereo down a bit. That or you can redo your entire audio system (or at least get a processor of sorts like a jbl ms-8 to retune the stock system) and whatnot, but I don't know if that is something you, yourself want to do. I do not know my car audio stuff at all so forgive me if my advice is redundant, but that's just how I think the problem can be solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's probably coming from your sunroof. A good way to check is to press up against the headliner above the passenger seat when you hear the rattle. I have a similar issue with my coupe and thought it was the passenger seat belt. It comes and goes depending on the temperature outside. Drives me crazy! :paranoid: Still love the car though!:thmsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having this exact problem with my car right now. I thought my front passenger speaker was lose, or rattling- but i pushed up against the roof above the passenger seat and that definitely is where the rattling is coming from. Any suggestions to minimize the rattling coming from above the passenger seat/sun-roof?

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
uhm, i get it aswell.. i found out that its the seat belt hitting the door beam or the seat... i know when i buckle it in i dont hear it...
anyways, the car has a lot of rattle from the rear deck and the boston g2's i just got, its going to be even worse, so im preparing to dynamat that shit!
X2 on my sedan. But I can't keep the right side buckled all the time.

I'm trying to see if I really have a rear deck rattle too. Hard to tell because I have child seat buckled down 99% of the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2011 Coupe

I'm loving everything about my 09 Coupe, except the annoying rattling sound coming from the passenger side. Is this common? Am I the only one having this problem?
I have a 2009 exl v6 sedan and a 2011 exl v6 coupe. Neither one has ever rattled. Lucky I guess. One time my sun glasses in the glasses holder rattled a little but I hunted that down. The vcm on both work smoothly too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had a lot of rattling coming from the passenger side door area as well when I first bought my Accord. Took it back to the dealer and they took a look at it, then suggested that I let the car break-in after awhile (since I bought it new) and see if the rattling was still there. Turns out the noise just went away after awhile.. :)

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Mine also rattles in the passenger door area. I will try checking the sunroof area today. I need to take it in to get the XM receiver replaced, so I want to narrow down the rattle and have them correct at the same time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I also get rattles from the right door around the tweeter. I think i need to take it off and then put it back on to make it stop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts