Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my phone from the Nexus 4 to Nexus 5. The Nexus 5 is running the latest version of Android KitKat 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0.

The Nexus 4 was slow to connect to my 13 Sport, but the Nexus 5 is brutal. We are talking maybe 45 seconds to connect.

Is there anyway to speed this up?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Try deleting all phones from the car and just adding your new Nexus 5 and see if that helps, the other thing to try is turn off your WIFI on the Nexus 5.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try deleting all phones from the car and just adding your new Nexus 5 and see if that helps, the other thing to try is turn off your WIFI on the Nexus 5.
I don't use wifi and deleted the other devices a few days ago and it is still slow. :dunno:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I ordered the Nexus 5 and will be here in a month or so. Have you deleted and then added the device again? It is slow but at least it connects. 45 seconds isn't too bad. By the time you pull out of your driveway it connects I would think. Are you using AHA or Pandora? I've always been an Android person but one problem they've been faced with is incompatibility with other apps after a software upgrade on the operating system. Fragmentation has been a problem but it's getting better from what they say. Not sure if there would be a fix with the Honda interface with Bluetooth 4.0 and the Nexus 5. I would think Honda tech support would need to be notified and they would then have to turn to Google to work with on a fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the Nexus 5 and will be here in a month or so. Have you deleted and then added the device again? It is slow but at least it connects. 45 seconds isn't too bad. By the time you pull out of your driveway it connects I would think. Are you using AHA or Pandora? I've always been an Android person but one problem they've been faced with is incompatibility with other apps after a software upgrade on the operating system. Fragmentation has been a problem but it's getting better from what they say. Not sure if there would be a fix with the Honda interface with Bluetooth 4.0 and the Nexus 5. I would think Honda tech support would need to be notified and they would then have to turn to Google to work with on a fix.
Yes I have. What is AHA? I use TuneIn radio but apps are not the issue. There are two ends to this problem. The phone which involves Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0 and the car. There is nothing wrong with the phone. So the solution is going to involve updating the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
N5 Android 4.4 Bluetooth disconnect problem

Hey, I'm having a similar issue... I'm required to manually connect every time I start the car. And then the bluetooth randomly disconnects/connects.

Wonder if anyone ran into the same problem, or if there might be any workaround, or should I just return a lemmon Nexus 5. :headbash:

Thanks

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I have a Nexus 5 on order, but my wife's Samsung Relay connects very fast and it is running 4.1.2 . My old Samsung Galaxy S 4G running 2.3.6 Gingerbread takes forever to connect and does not sync my phone book every time. Once I get my Nexus 5 I will update with my experience.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I just received my Nexus 5 last night and did not have much time to test but it paired up immediately with my Accord EX-L. Then I tested how long it took to get a connection, and that seems to be the issue mine took forever. I downloaded Bluetooth Autoconnect and played with it a few minutes and with that it connected within 30 seconds or so. I do not understand all the options inside of Bluetooth Auto connect so I need to do some more testing, but in my brief testing it seemed to work fine. Also, there is a patch coming out in the next day or so for Andriod 4.4 so keep an eye out for that and see if that helps.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
So the Nexus 5 update is to version KRT16S, my Nexus 5 is running KRT16M, so expect to get an OTA very soon (at least that is what the Android community is saying).

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Well, my Nexus 7 just got the latest Kit Kat update but not the Nexus 5? I did some more reading, a lot of people are complaining about Bluetooth connectivity to various car models so it appears to be a code issue on the Nexus 5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts