Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
AA and Maps are still working (almost); it will find a location and map out the route. But before it starts giving directions the route is cancelled (as if cancelled by the driver but with no action from driver)

here's a video (
)

which one of these is the head unit software?

Build numbersakura.18AA-1996-001
Kernel version3.4.108-perf-g0afd493-00695-gba8878a
[email protected]
Fri feb 15 20:00:07 JST 2019
product ID17N5AX13
SYS soft version0404
SYS SetID version0500
SYS Data Version041D
AMP820A3.60APJ1TVA6
Amigo PG Version30821301
Amigo Data version31820250
TCU17.06.001
Center Display010/001
Remote TunerDelv=02h;
SW=BAHM105060000030
HW=FFFF
SXMx0b-2a-01
NFC2.2.2

·
Registered
292 Posts
AA and Maps are still working (almost); it will find a location and map out the route. But before it starts giving directions the route is cancelled (as if cancelled by the driver but with no action from driver)
The video was helpful. I have seen that behavior with GM before when I was having issues with the built-in Garmin navigation system working. Are you having any issues with the Garmin built-in navigation? Perhaps they are unrelated, but after a few things I tried to fix the Garmin map data issue, I don't recall having the same issue with GM after that.

Have you tried Waze to see if that works with AA? Just trying to isolate the issue to GM or AA.

18AA-1996-001
That the is software build number. I am on an older one 18AA-1945-001 which is the last wide release update. Looks like your head unit came with a more up to date software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Honda Garmin works fine. So it's either AA or GM. They also work AFTER you start a route from Honda Garmin. Feels like AA lost the ability to engage the vehicle GPS

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Honda Garmin works fine. So it's either AA or GM. They also work AFTER you start a route from Honda Garmin. Feels like AA lost the ability to engage the vehicle GPS
If you just drive without setting a destination, is GM able to track your location as you move?

What version of AA are you running on your phone? You might want to try a prior version if it worked before. For some of us, the January AA update created a bug that affects the street name text displayed on the HUD from AA. Maybe there are other bugs with it. I went back to the December update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, maps can track my location, so the GPS is working.

AA is the latest version; 5.0.500224 (release 1/21/20).

I rolled back to 4.9.594933 but it didn't change the behavior; thanks for suggesting that.

Today I brought the car to the dealer to have the head unit replaced, and I am happy to report that that solved the issue. I recommend everyone with this problem to do the same instead of waiting for Honda to issue a software update. Attached is the service bulletin. Thank you everyone that contributed with their experience with the car!
Would you mind sharing the software build version of the new head unit? You need to open the diagnostics screen;

Ignition on, turn on the infotainment display
Press and hold HOME+VOL+SOURCE until the screen opens.
Open Detail Information
Open version
Build number (mine is sakura.18AA-1996-001) picture attached
Return x 3 to back out

Thanks!

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts