Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to start my car this morning, it would crank over but wouldn't start. I bought a duralast gold group 35. It fits with the original battery cover but the battery Hold down plate needed modified. I'll order the V-6 plate and longer j hooks next week.

The OEM battery(group 51) was only 400 cranking amps WTF? My riding mower has 350 cca :dunno: The duralast has 640 cca.

09 LX-S

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,546 Posts
Tried to start my car this morning, it would crank over but wouldn't start. I bought a duralast gold group 35. It fits with the original battery cover but the battery Hold down plate needed modified. I'll order the V-6 plate and longer j hooks next week.

The OEM battery(group 51) was only 400 cranking amps WTF? My riding mower has 350 cca :dunno: The duralast has 640 cca.

09 LX-S

exactly....I replaced the I4 tractor batt with a interstate 600 a few weeks ago and used the std j hooks and the cross piece - just take out the spacer and bend the tangs up and it fits snug fine....

·
Banned
294 Posts

09 LX-S
i knoooooow, tell me about it. I've been through 2 OEM batteries myself. :yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts