Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

More cars, more problems
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that we're finally entering something that looks like spring in my area, I hastily snapped some shots in a ride share parking lot. This is my Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT.

The story so far:

• Lowered on TEIN Flex Z
  • SPC rear camber arms
  • WORK Emotion M8R 19x9.5+38 w/ Falken Azenis FK510 255/35
  • Eibach front & rear sway bars
  • Hondata Stage 2

8th Gen Believer
Yeah me too. Fine looking ride.

Reactions: TGHI

Registered
Nice! Been waiting for you to post more pics! So the mud guards fit with the accessory side skirt? Or did you modify the mud guard to fit? And are you maxed out on the ride height?

More cars, more problems
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Been waiting for you to post more pics! So the mud guards fit with the accessory side skirt? Or did you modify the mud guard to fit? And are you maxed out on the ride height?
Thanks! Not sure, I had the dealer install the the side skirts when I first bought it. As far as ride height, I think I'm about in the middle of what they're capable of height-wise and at the factory recommended preload. Personally wouldn't go lower since the roads where I am are crap. I did temporarily go another 20mm lower (for funsies), but I think the front sway links are too long and cause the sway bar to bind over bumps. I picked up some Godspeed adjustable ones just in case, but I haven't installed them yet since I haven't really run into trouble since raising it back up - but I'd like to make sure that the sway bar isn't preloaded.

Registered
Thanks! Not sure, I had the dealer install the the side skirts when I first bought it. As far as ride height, I think I'm about in the middle of what they're capable of height-wise and at the factory recommended preload. Personally wouldn't go lower since the roads where I am are crap. I did temporarily go another 20mm lower (for funsies), but I think the front sway links are too long and cause the sway bar to bind over bumps. I picked up some Godspeed adjustable ones just in case, but I haven't installed them yet since I haven't really run into trouble since raising it back up - but I'd like to make sure that the sway bar isn't preloaded.
Thanks for the reply. I'm maxed out with my coils (Silvers) but I wanted to go another 5 to 10mm. We'll see how 265 width will be with my current height. Want to run a meatier setup for summer with my other wheels so hopefully it doesn't rub, otherwise i might need to add more negative camber.

More cars, more problems
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm maxed out with my coils (Silvers) but I wanted to go another 5 to 10mm.
Could you lower a bit further by incresasing preload, or have you already? If not, you might be able to find another 5mm without affecting ride too much.

Edit: It can be a gamble, though: I reduced the preload on mine maybe about 10mm or so (measured on the on the coilover body) and the springs would bind on low speed turns, like pulling into a driveway and the ride over bumps was more unpleasant. Not sure what the negative effects of increasing it would be.

Registered
I've reduced the preload already. My springs dont bind because of the upper spring perch bearing so I'm not getting that noise in low speed turns/bumps. I have adjustable front end links also cuz those stock ones are just way too long and flimsy. I guess I just have to upgrade to the extreme lows if I want more adjustability.

Registered
Car looks great!! Is it ok to mess with ride height a little bit on coilovers without having to get another alignment?

More cars, more problems
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car looks great!! Is it ok to mess with ride height a little bit on coilovers without having to get another alignment?

You should be good, adjusting height will increase/decrease camber as you go up or down, respectively. All of the other attributes set during an alignment will stay the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts