Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my 4th time returning to Discount Tire Direct for a new set of tires! I have also referred 3-4 friends/family members who have saved tons of money on tires, even in comparison to local tire shops and TireRack (who I personally thinks has horrible prices + charges you for S/H!)

I dealt with Patrick this time and he was great.

My order:

4x 235/35ZR19 91Y Continental Extreme Contact DWS All-season 500AA $210.00/tire

4x DTD Replacement Warranty Certificates $26.25/tire

FREE S/H (as always with DTD) :yes:

$840.00 Conti DWS
$105.00 Replacement Certificates
$__0.00 S/H
=====
$945.00

As always, DTD offers the "Found it lower? We'll beat it!" I found the tires for $199.00/ea for $796.00 total shipped. Patrick was able to beat that deal by $20.00 ($776.00) and offered me 4x certificates for the price of 3 ($78.75) for a new total of fully warrantied, shipped 19" Conti DWS tires for $854.75. To even sweeten the deal more and ending today, DTD is offering $75 (BFGoodrich, Continental, Dunlop...) and $50 (Yoko, Hankook...) rebates on select brands!

I ordered on Friday evening after work so I could take advantage of the sale, and the tires arrived today (Monday) an hour ago :D

Total cost to me w/ rebate is now only $779.75! Total Savings: $165.25 - I'll take it!

Thanks again DTD! Y'all truly are the best.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I think I'm going to be needing some tires soon so I've started looking where to get them from.

What are the certificates for? Is that like the extended warranty repair most other places sell? Where do you have them mounted when you purchase them through DTD?

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry David, I just saw your post. The DTD Certificates are a replacement warranty that covers the tires down to 2/32nd tread life (basically bald). IMHO, it is better cover than any other "road hazard" warranty as it protects you from nearly all damage - nails, blow outs/pot holes, glass, etc. In other words, if anything happens to your tires during their life, you simply call up DTD (the guys are excellent and very professional) and explain to them that you will be needing a replacement. With no questions asked (unless you abuse the system) they will ship you out (free of course) a brand new tire of the same size, make & model (unless discontinued, then one of equivalent value) and you don't even have to ship the damaged tire back to them :thmsup: The certificates are e-mailed to you to have for safe keeping / your own records but they also have it on file that you have purchased them in their system.

·
4,637 Posts
I ordered through DTD about a year and a half ago and was very pleased with their prices and service. Tires arrived in a few days with tracking. Even scored a $100 rebate.

I've read if you don't get the road hazard certificates but have an issue with a tire you can sometimes purchase the certs at a later time which saves some money versus buying a brand new tire(s).

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have also had really good luck with discount tires also. I had over 70k miles on the tires I had bought 5 years ago. I ended up with a nail in my tire and they fixed it no questions asked with no extra cost to me. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts