Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 4 months into owning my car, the worst has happened. Parked my car in front of my house, and a lady this morning hit it. Woke up to the neighbors ringing on my doorbell like a mad man.

Just ****s, new car and the first thing that runs into our minds is "it's never going to be the same again". I am def feeling the blues of that right now. Cop said she was going to a dr's appointment, don't know if she was late or distracted, but she had to of been driving pretty fast because my car moved far enough.

Here are some pics, it doesn't look bad enough for any frame damage, but who knows, I'm not a body guy or a mechanic :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nnnnnooooooooo!

·
Registered
884 Posts
You should sue for depreciation.

·
144ci of Japanese Muscle!
162 Posts
*oooof*

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, that really does **** and she was distracted some way some how to do something like that. Unbelievable.

A good auto body really will put that thing back so you won't know it happened.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I would be so pissed off. So sorry.

Looking at her truck, it seems you are not the first thing she hit.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sorry to see that and glad you or your family weren't hurt.
2 things: that first pic I stared for a while, like "what damage"
second thing from the looks of her vehicle (previous damage) I hope she has insurance.

·
...shifting
18 Posts
Unbelievable, how someone could be that distracted is beyond me... texting? What if there was a jogger, bicyclist or school bus stop where she was "distracted"...

I'm glad no one was hurt and I hope your car can be repaired like new.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
You should sue for depreciation.
How can you sue for depreciation? Her insurance company will pay to repair the car and how would you know what the damages are to sue until you go to sell the car. They will give you a rental car and return your car to it's original condition to your satisfaction.

What a shame, I can imagine how you feel.

I have decided to stop calling these things accidents, they are crashes. Accident makes you think that it was an act of god rather than caused by human error. The only true accident is if you die of a sudden heart attack and die at the week while driving.

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
I have decided to stop calling these things accidents, they are crashes. Accident makes you think that it was an act of god rather than caused by human error. The only true accident is if you die of a sudden heart attack and die at the week while driving.
Well said.

Glad you're OK, your ride should get fixed AOK.

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
This is one time you DO want a Honda Dealer to thouroughly check out the car for damage.

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is one time you DO want a Honda Dealer to thouroughly check out the car for damage.
My aunt had her 8th gen hit by a lady renting a U-Haul rental, and the Honda dealerships here wouldn't take the car in because they don't do autobody repairs. She told me she had to go to a collision repair shop to had her front end fixed.

Just ****s, I don't care if it's just an Honda, end of the day a brand new car now won't be the same in my eyes. I didn't even get to see the lady who hit my car, as I am still some what confused with the whole situation. I just know that I'm def not at fault.

I never been in a accident, and the whole process is kinda overwhelming. Police told me to go down and get a police report, but when I went down, they gave me a "Motor Vehicle Crash Exchange Form". Doesn't even say what happened, just info on her registration and mine. Should I go back and ask them why I didn't get a police report? I called my insurance agency and he told me to file a claim with her insurance first, which I already did. I guess I just wait for a call from her insurance till then?

·
No PRND
583 Posts
How can you sue for depreciation? Her insurance company will pay to repair the car and how would you know what the damages are to sue until you go to sell the car. They will give you a rental car and return your car to it's original condition to your satisfaction.

What a shame, I can imagine how you feel.

You don't "sue" for depreciation but if you go about it right then their insurance will cover the difference from the depreciated value of the car. I'm not in the insurance biz, just going from word of mouth.

Definition of accident, straight from merriam-webster: "a sudden event (such as a crash) that is not planned or intended and that causes damage or injury" :dunno: While I agree that they are almost always caused by human error, it is the definition of the word.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a reason why MA has some of the highest car insurance rates in the lower 48. Absolutely some of the worst drivers I have ever seen in my 30 years of commercial driving across America. They are also the rudest and most aggressive drivers I have ever encountered on any road or street ever.

·
S mode
382 Posts
just wow...sorry to hear, man. Don't know how people can hit a car when it's not moving. I don't get it. Did she got arrested for reckless driving in a residential area? Isn't the speed limit in residential area is like 20 mph max?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts