Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
recently bought an 03 exl sedan with 230k km on it
I've searched around for what mtf to use and I know there are a lot of different answers but I'm just trying to pin point even more so I can finally just choose lol
What I usually see you guys suggest are GM synchromesh friction modified, pennzoil synchromesh, redline (not sure which weight to use, manual just sayseither honda mtf or 10w30 motor oil), and royal purple
while some say to just stick with honda mtf

I live in Canada so it gets quite cold during the winter lol and the tranny needs its fluid changed since it's been 60k km since the previous owner last changed it, plus it's feeling a little notchy shifting

I'm leaning more towards the redline, I just don't know which weight I should get if I do decide
plus, price isn't really a big deal since this only happens every like 50k km or so right? So I don't mind spending the extra $$$ for that liquid gold

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
133 Posts
i would go with the GM synchromesh friction modified simply because i can tell you first hand it cured the 3rd gear pop out on my 06 accord 6-6.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
I've run Pennzoil Synchromesh in all my MT vehicles and it does just fine.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i would go with the GM synchromesh friction modified simply because i can tell you first hand it cured the 3rd gear pop out on my 06 accord 6-6.
Ninja said it all.

At 70,000 miles on the GMSFM in my Gen7 6M, the dreaded 3rd gear difficult shift has never returned. Not once.

It works. $14/quart at Chevrolet dealer (2009 price).

Season's best, ez....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts