Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

Rich from the VA area. Decided to make this little thread here. Just wanted to let people know and see how my accord is and what not.

Purchased back in late 06 early 07. It's a NHBP 2-door coupe. 4-cyl auto. My parents purchased this after they pretty much forced me to sell my previous car. It was a 05 RSX-S fully built all motor. Dyno'd around 280-285 which was ready for boost. Didn't like the price it caused the insurance, so we sold it and bought this since I figured, it's an accord, what can i possibly do to it? Well, needless to say, I stumbled across forums and it went down hill. I don't have a picture of when it was purchased, but it was bone stock.

Below are list of mods in no particular order:

Engine
Fujitia Cold Air Intake
TSX Intake Manifold
DC Sports Header
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Greddy Evo2 Exhaust (Currently FOR SALE!)

Exterior
03-05 HFP Front Lip
03-05 HFP Side Skirts
06-07 HFP Rear Lip
OEM Window Visors
AIT Carbon Fiber Rear Visor
Bug Deflector
Yellow Fog Lights
Xenon Depot 5600K HID's
Paint Matched Grill
Debadged

Interior
5-Panel Wink Mirror
Carbon Fiber Arm Rest
LED Door Lights

Wheels/Suspension
18x9.5 +23 Gunmetal Battles (Summer)
17x8 Acura TL-S Wheels (Winter)
17x8 Acura Base TL Wheels (Winter/spare set)
Function Form Coilovers
Tiger Tuning Front Strut Bar
Tiger Tuning 4-point underbrace
17mm TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Rear Fenders rolled

Pictures:

CURRENT LOOK:

Back when I had the 18 7-spoke HFP's

When I had the ARC Splitters on.

My daily made it in the picture. (00 4-dr EK)

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Very nice Accord! Looks like a lot of money went into it. And wow that EK is soooo clean!! Boosted D16?

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,685 Posts
Wow! How many different wheels have been on that car? Can't make up your mind?:lmao:

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Looks like a good winter beater car....

Just kidding! Man, that should be in a car magazine. Do you ever get approached by tuners to feature their products?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice Accord! Looks like a lot of money went into it. And wow that EK is soooo clean!! Boosted D16?
Thanks! It was my money pit for awhile..and it still sort of is. Looking into the RL BBK swap. Yeah the EK is clean for what it is. Nah. Have the single cam sitting in the shed as a back up. Boosted B20V

Wow! How many different wheels have been on that car? Can't make up your mind?:lmao:
I've had a bunch of different wheels. Think maybe like, 8 sets? Almost the same as suspension setups. I'm on #9. The battles were my deployment present. lol

Looks like a good winter beater car....

Just kidding! Man, that should be in a car magazine. Do you ever get approached by tuners to feature their products?

Thanks! No, I don't get approached or get offered or anything. It's nothing too special. It rarely comes out. Only when the sun is out and if it's a nice day. The civic is a pretty decent beater. Actually had to raise it up since it's on 16in polished slips now.

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Rich, very nice....she is stunning. I don't know why you say "nothing too special". She looks like the car you see at shows or in magazines.

Deployment? Navy? Marines? Coast Guard?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich, very nice....she is stunning. I don't know why you say "nothing too special". She looks like the car you see at shows or in magazines.

Deployment? Navy? Marines? Coast Guard?
Thanks! I really appreciate the compliments. I wish it was in a magazine. But then again, I never send off pictures or anything. Just post on the forums.

Navy. It was like a 13-14 month deployment. Sucked.

·
Registered
155 Posts
nice and clean. Where in VA?

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
423 Posts
Car looks awesome!
Makes me miss my TL-S wheels. :boohoo:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Where did you get the bug deflector you have on the set of pics that shows your EK? I've been trying to find that for mine but no luck.

It looks like a form fit but they've ignored me the couple of times I've tried to contact them.

Sent from my LGoogle Nexus 5.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car looks awesome!
Makes me miss my TL-S wheels. :boohoo:
Thanks! Yeah, they look good. Probably one of the best $$$ i ever spent on. Brand new from the dealer.

Where did you get the bug deflector you have on the set of pics that shows your EK? I've been trying to find that for mine but no luck.

It looks like a form fit but they've ignored me the couple of times I've tried to contact them.

I think it's FormFit? I'm not 100% sure. The wife found it for me while i was looking and ordered it. i think they stopped making it or something. but i could be wrong.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
To be honest, I just don't think the TL-S wheels look as good on a coupe as a sedan...Still like them but I actually like the base TL wheels better on yours...Your car has a very clean and classy look, I appreciate it. I could never live with a car that low or with negative camber because of how much/where I drive (downtown Baltimore and the curb for my driveway).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To each his/her own. Appreciate it though. They are going on the wife's tsx so i won't be rocking them for awhile. Its not too bad. My camber isn't too bad. i think it's like, -3 or something. the wheels are almost vertical instead of slanted. idk.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was trying to edit the original post so everything could be in one post but guess i couldn't. but here's some more pictures.

The wife's ride and mine:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Is that an Acura with a Honda Emblem? There's a first for me lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's a USDM Acura TSX but doing the Euro-R emblem conversion. It's a Honda Accord over in Europe/Japan.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Seen a couple of them in northern MD. Need more pics of the Civic and TSX, lots of Honda love in this thread! Need pics of the engine in the Civic since I'm seeing "boosted" being thrown around...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you mean "boosted" being thrown around? I don't "need" to post any pics. Are you skeptical?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts