Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno:Hi Everybody

I have a 2005 accord coupe with the factory radio and it's terrible reception problems, does anyone know of an antenna amplifier that actually works?, I live in Santa Clarita Ca. and cannot pick up hardly anything even when driving into the Burbank area where every other vechicle I have ever owned never had a problem . I know everyone has heard these complaints before but I need your help before I go out and purchase some piece of junk that dosen't work. If there is an amplifier or a separate antenna that might do the trick please let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Bill

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
Are you the original owner of the car? Remove the lower pocket and check the antenna cable to make sure it is still plugged into the back of the head unit, and make sure it is still plugged into the sub-plug on the frame of the pocket. Sounds like your antenna may be unplugged. Or there is a wiring connection problem in the rear glass where the antenna is. An amplifier won't solve the problem, especially in SCV where the mountains block everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts