Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Motor Trend 2015 SUV/Truck Buyers guide there is a new Crosstour Coming for 2016 that is supposed to be more 'Outback' like. I'm not going to lie, this interests me. :yes:

Jay

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Interesting. Today someone mentioned that he had heard Honda dropped the Crosstour, though it still shows on their website.
Now that I mention it, I don't think I was given any to order this month.:dunno:
Honda has bigger fish to fry before giving the Crosstour some attention if any. New Pilot, Ridgeline, Turbos and HRV are next in line. Supposedly HRV and Pilot by the end of the summer.

Never say never though.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Honda has bigger fish to fry before giving the Crosstour some attention if any. New Pilot, Ridgeline, Turbos and HRV are next in line. Supposedly HRV and Pilot by the end of the summer.

Never say never though.
I agree.

I just bought a 2015 Crosstour EX V6 on 1/30. Severely underrated vehicle
Good for you. Most everyone who has them likes them.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I watched the online introduction of the 2016 Pilot from the Chicago Auto Show. In the intro, they referred to all Honda products including the next Ridgeline. Sadly, there was no mention of the Crosstour. My guess is that this one is history.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2016???

Well, if Big H is gonna let the Crosstour expire due to corporate neglect, I'm glad I just bought a 2015 - it should outlast me. We had a 2010 that we just traded in on a 2015.

I like the Crosstour! The new one is a little quieter than the old - road noise, etc. If it gets a few MPG better than the old, so much the better. I like its passenger roominess, I love the AWD, and I do like the looks.

I just wish whomever decided to classify it as an SUV has since moved on to PR in breakfast cereals or something. Some people hold certain expectations for an "SUV" and the CT certainly doesn't fit in most of those parameters. First would be the issue of ground clearance, next hauling space. I think of it more as a Senior Citizen GT!! That's what I like to do with mine, happy in the knowledge of the added safety of AWD - I'm too old to push it out of a ditch!!!!

Let's hope there is new life in the CT, but if not, I'm happy I had mine when I did.

Attachments

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh GAWDDD Comic SANS? Really??? That's hard to read. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
Nice. We all must use the prescribed font - according to jeb's edict. Individual choice gives him headaches??

I don't think I'll miss anything by moving on.
haha. I was just giving you a hard time, but it was a bit hard to read. No offense intended. You use the font you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is good for all of us to be reminded from time to time that when posting on this marvel, the internet, others are unable to see our wink, twinkle in our eye, or hear the tone in our voice that is such an important part of our communications repertoire. Many things we say can be easily misinterpreted and offend, when no offense was ever intended

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
You seem like my philosophy prof in University.

Not a bad thing, he was a nice man. Helped me out a lot.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Just put AWD in the Accord already. That's all people wanted in the first place. No ugly Cross over needed.

I do not want or need a SUV. I do NEED a AWD car. I had one before my Accord, and the lack of AWD on my 2013 sedan is and WILL be the reason I get rid of it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey guys, long time looker here. I am a member of the Crosstour Owners Club forum but decided to finally join here. As far as a 2016 model, I spoke with Honda Pro Jason yesterday and he told me we should get news on Monday, March 2nd.

I have been bugging him for a while now and this is the most promising response I've gotten. I also spoke with a friend who works in a Honda/Hyundai dealer up north. Needless to say, Honda Pro Jason is the closest contact I have to Honda. Hopefully its something big! :)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Hey guys, long time looker here. I am a member of the Crosstour Owners Club forum but decided to finally join here. As far as a 2016 model, I spoke with Honda Pro Jason yesterday and he told me we should get news on Monday, March 2nd.

I have been bugging him for a while now and this is the most promising response I've gotten. I also spoke with a friend who works in a Honda/Hyundai dealer up north. Needless to say, Honda Pro Jason is the closest contact I have to Honda. Hopefully its something big! :)
I watch his videos and he is in "the know", thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts