Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, any 9th gen owners with aftermarket 17s? The 9th gen is still fairly new so there's probably not many that meet this criteria. I've seen 8th and 7th gens with 17s and they look not too bad, whether it's with meaty or low profile tires.

I've been thinking about my future plans with the car and I'm on the functional route; not looking to slam/stance the car, but I do plan to lower the car around the same time when new wheels go on. I have the sport model and could go 18x9 and stay with the oem 235/45/18 size, or downsize (or +0, considering the sport is +1, and LX -1) to 17x9.5 on 255/45/17. To reference examples, I'll select RPF1 in SBC with BFG g-force sport comp2. Interestingly, there aren't many, if at all any extreme summer tires for the wider 255/45/17, but there's at least Hankook RS3 in 235/45/18. Wheel offset around +45 to +35. +15 is available for 18" but doubt that'll fit.

I've done my research in regards to weight comparisons between the wheel/tire combos and they are within a 1lb difference per wheel and tire. Kinda comes down to the look of the car and how it sits with the combo. Price is definitely cheaper with the 17" setup.

I'm an active autox'er and may want to take the Accord out for the Slush/Winter season and see how it performs :lmao:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello, any 9th gen owners with aftermarket 17s? The 9th gen is still fairly new so there's probably not many that meet this criteria. I've seen 8th and 7th gens with 17s and they look not too bad, whether it's with meaty or low profile tires.

I've been thinking about my future plans with the car and I'm on the functional route; not looking to slam/stance the car, but I do plan to lower the car around the same time when new wheels go on. I have the sport model and could go 18x9 and stay with the oem 235/45/18 size, or downsize (or +0, considering the sport is +1, and LX -1) to 17x9.5 on 255/45/17. To reference examples, I'll select RPF1 in SBC with BFG g-force sport comp2. Interestingly, there aren't many, if at all any extreme summer tires for the wider 255/45/17, but there's at least Hankook RS3 in 235/45/18. Wheel offset around +45 to +35. +15 is available for 18" but doubt that'll fit.

I've done my research in regards to weight comparisons between the wheel/tire combos and they are within a 1lb difference per wheel and tire. Kinda comes down to the look of the car and how it sits with the combo. Price is definitely cheaper with the 17" setup.

I'm an active autox'er and may want to take the Accord out for the Slush/Winter season and see how it performs :lmao:
I'm in the same dilemma as you are- was thinking of keeping 17's and going with aftermarket rims, but after seeing a car on here with nasty looking aftermarkets, I'm planning to go with 18's instead.

There is a member on here who has 18's on his car- extremely beautiful Modern Metallic Steel Sport Edition. I think his name is 2014MSM

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm in the same dilemma as you are- was thinking of keeping 17's and going with aftermarket rims, but after seeing a car on here with nasty looking aftermarkets, I'm planning to go with 18's instead.

There is a member on here who has 18's on his car- extremely beautiful Modern Metallic Steel Sport Edition. I think his name is 2014MSM
:blush: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219393

p.s. it's actually an EX, not a Sport model. The brand of the wheels I bought are Sport Edition.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I heard the SE were soft and often dented? How are yours holding up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have enkei ss05's 17x7.5 with 235/50/17 sumitomo htr as p02's on my 14 exl v6 coupe and the difference is amazing , I had the 18 Accord sport wheel before, and I'm super happy with the 17x 7.5 went 7.5 wide withe the oem 235 width so the tires stick out a little more so the wheels aren't curb rash magnets like the stock 18x8s and the 50 vs 45 tire profile is gives a smoother but still firm ride , more side wall will also help in the snow too, and got some wieght savings too stock 18's with michelins were 52.2 lbs each these are 46lbs each. wheels were about 150 each tires 118 each free mount and balance from tirerack.com

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have enkei ss05's 17x7.5 with 235/50/17 sumitomo htr as p02's on my 14 exl v6 coupe and the difference is amazing , I had the 18 Accord sport wheel before, and I'm super happy with the 17x 7.5 went 7.5 wide withe the oem 235 width so the tires stick out a little more so the wheels aren't curb rash magnets like the stock 18x8s and the 50 vs 45 tire profile is gives a smoother but still firm ride , more side wall will also help in the snow too, and got some wieght savings too stock 18's with michelins were 52.2 lbs each these are 46lbs each. wheels were about 150 each tires 118 each free mount and balance from tirerack.com
Those look great! Wish I had the money to get some 17 or 18" wheels instead of my stock 16" on my LX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts