Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any gains to adding additional ground wires between engine and car body?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That's usually part of the big three upgrade. You shouldn't expect any major gains but when you notice how weak the factory grounds are it certainly can't hurt. Tao Designs has a kit designed specifically for our cars.

My accompanying positive upgrade - alternator to battety:

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
In theory it can help. Google for big 3 and you'll get tons of hits.

The kit DOOM mentioned I saw when I was researching. Frankly I think it's a bit half assed of a kit using 4awg wire everywhere and adding way too many redundant / not useful grounds. His website is gone now so I don't know if its even available anymore, but it was inexpensive compared to the full custom upgrade I'm slowly getting installed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any additional ground added to the already-grounded OEM wiring is, by definition, redundant. That said, the kit shown above is more than sufficient to achieve the best possible grounding and would provide a (barely) measurable improivement. Typically replacing the OEM strap with a better connection, and adding one additional good connection to the chassis is more than sufficient. The addition stuff is truly redundant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts