Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize weather tech is the gold standard but I can never bring myself to buy because IMO they make the interior look like some ugly utility truck or something. So I just use the oem carpets but I know they are getting salty and now someone else is posting that the oem mats won't last very long.

Are there any floormats that have all weather protection but have at least an ounce of style or looks so they don't ruin the interior of my nice black leather car?

·
Banned
784 Posts
These are similar to the weathertech style, but have "accord" on them and look decent I think.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P13-T2A-110.html

Some guys on here said the Honda ones are not good and swear by weathertech. I have not had either yet so I can't give my input.
I bought that Honda set when I got the car in Nov 2012. They are not really good at keeping the salty water from spilling on the carpet. I just bought black digital fit weathertech a few weeks ago and it is very good at containing the salty water. The digital fit is not a bad looking.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the OEM in my Civic. I share the same thoughts on the WeatherTech's - looks too truck-like. Others have said the OEM doesnt last but mine are fine after 2.5 years...a little hard to keep looking nice and new, but are wearing just fine.

I am trying to decide as well. I saw someone say Husky makes one - but i would think they would be worse than the WeatherTech if you dont like the look.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought that Honda set when I got the car in Nov 2012. They are not really good at keeping the salty water from spilling on the carpet. I just bought black digital fit weathertech a few weeks ago and it is very good at containing the salty water. The digital fit is not a bad looking.
I agree the weathertech digital fits do look A LOT better than the "all-weather"

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the OEM in my Civic. I share the same thoughts on the WeatherTech's - looks too truck-like. Others have said the OEM doesnt last but mine are fine after 2.5 years...a little hard to keep looking nice and new, but are wearing just fine.

I am trying to decide as well. I saw someone say Husky makes one - but i would think they would be worse than the WeatherTech if you dont like the look.
When you say "OEM" you mean the OEM carpet ones right?

My issue is that while I want the carpet to remain relatively clean especially in the winter, I personally think it's not worth it to put in some giant rubber thing with waffles all over it and giant channel grooves to catch the gallons of water and snow etc. Yes, functional to a tee. But ugly right along with it. And then we're protecting the carpet but never ever actually seeing said carpet because it is always under the rubber waffle thingy.

Those look pretty sleek actually. I will have to read up on them. They look like they have a nice "lip" to hold in the water. I don't love the "ARIES 3D" logo but oh well.

In general do all you Weathermat people take them out from April to November? Or leave them in year round?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered the Aries ones. I don't have them yet, should arrive in the next few days. I was going to get Weathertech until I read some reviews on Amazon. There were about 25 1 star reviews which said something like "I ordered mats for a toyota camry and they shipped ones for a Ford truck. It was hard to get ahold of someone at the company, they were very rude and insisted I have to pay for shipping costs of the mats to my home and return shipping as well. blah blah blah, I'll never deal with this company again."

So I decided to spend my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My Acura RSX oem all weather mats were great and lasted i'd say 5+ years no wear at all. I took out the original carpet and just placed my all season in there all year. In the chicago, we got snow and rain, so i just kept them in there all year no issues. The oem all seasons can't be that bad.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered the Aries ones. I don't have them yet, should arrive in the next few days. I was going to get Weathertech until I read some reviews on Amazon. There were about 25 1 star reviews which said something like "I ordered mats for a toyota camry and they shipped ones for a Ford truck. It was hard to get ahold of someone at the company, they were very rude and insisted I have to pay for shipping costs of the mats to my home and return shipping as well. blah blah blah, I'll never deal with this company again."

So I decided to spend my money elsewhere.
Interesting since Weathertech seems to be the next Apple company, at least around here in Chicago where they're made. They have billboards all over and seem as if they're bottled lightning

·
Registered
481 Posts
weathertech mats are great... Have always used them in both my cars in winter (late Nov-mid March) and also for NJ or S. Carolina beach trips. Other than that, I use the OEM carpet mats

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Go with the Huskys. Covers more then the weathertechs and are a lil cheaper.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I also have weathertechs.. just cleaned them the other day with a spray hose and some simple orange+sponge

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I realize weather tech is the gold standard but I can never bring myself to buy because IMO they make the interior look like some ugly utility truck or something. So I just use the oem carpets but I know they are getting salty and now someone else is posting that the oem mats won't last very long.

Are there any floormats that have all weather protection but have at least an ounce of style or looks so they don't ruin the interior of my nice black leather car?
I can't being myself to buy weather tech because:

* the fit of them in my fathers Escalade is awful.
* the owner is a raging duche

I have used husky in the past with great success.

Jay

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Jay
The owner of Weathertech or the owner of the Escalade?

·
Registered
330 Posts

Jay
Well I can vouch that on 9th gens the fit is perfect. However the Husky's do provide a little more coverage than the WT's. Its a tossup really. If someone wanted "stylish" mats there are always the Aries 3D ones.

·
2008 Accord Coupe EX
999 Posts

Jay
Owner of what? no fittment issues with my weathertechs and no issues with the ordering process either.I ordered from Weathertech directly.

·
4,339 Posts
Owner of what? no fittment issues with my weathertechs and no issues with the ordering process either.I ordered from Weathertech directly.
The owner of Weathertech or the owner of the Escalade?

The owner of Weathertech.

I thought you guys knew how to read and interpret English and the use of bullets. I will start watering it down going forward...

Jay

·
Registered
330 Posts
The owner of Weathertech.

I thought you guys knew how to read and interpret English and the use of bullets. I will start watering it down going forward...

Jay
:dunno: I understood everything. I was just saying that dont let the bad experience from your dad's escalade sway your decision. Dont gotta water down shit, except the salt from your undercarriage.:lmao:

·
4,339 Posts
:dunno: I understood everything. I was just saying that dont let the bad experience from your dad's escalade sway your decision. Dont gotta water down shit, except the salt from your undercarriage.:lmao:
My bad, you were the casulty of a misfire, all fixed... :)

Jay

1 - 20 of 27 Posts