Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am already seeing wear in my leather seats and in my floor mats. Has anyone had the dealer replace either of them? I only have 22,xxx miles on my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The drivers leather seat on my '08 coupe was replaced twice. I had deep cracking on the lower side bolster that faces the door. The last one installed was definitely made from heavier grain leather and if I had kept the coupe I'm pretty sure it would have held up without a problem. The dealer agreed that they made a change after the second swap. The seat where ya fanny sits was holding up fine - but I usually had a small towel on the seat because cleaning the ivory leather was required to keep it looking decent. Lexol products worked great though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010, with 5000 miles, the driver floor mat was worn through to the backing material. Dealer replaced entire set without even a question. Are the new ones going to be any better?

·
Registered
124 Posts
The drivers leather seat on my '08 coupe was replaced twice. I had deep cracking on the lower side bolster that faces the door. The last one installed was definitely made from heavier grain leather and if I had kept the coupe I'm pretty sure it would have held up without a problem. The dealer agreed that they made a change after the second swap. The seat where ya fanny sits was holding up fine - but I usually had a small towel on the seat because cleaning the ivory leather was required to keep it looking decent. Lexol products worked great though.
Did you have any issue with the leather not matching the other seats when you got it replaced. Do you have any pics of your seats before and after they were replaced?

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts
I replaced my front mats with WeatherTec floor liners and I'm very satisfied with the swap. I still have my new fronts laying somewhere around here, hehe...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
These threads are just at odds w/ me...It makes me wonder if I'm just that gentle on my leather or unlike the ordinary person 'using' their car's interior.

'08 coupe, black leather...not an issue with the leather for 3 years..no cracking, tearing or signs of wear (had issues with how some of the cloth fabric around the interior/base of the car ...around the seats/floor... was tucked in at spots)

I use Lexol conditioner right out of the gate though...and cleaner/conditioner every 3-4 months from there on. If I'm spot cleaning, I use 303 Aerospace cleaner on accent trim and crevices around the seats. As of a month ago, I'm with Ivory leather (and yes, I see a clear improvement on the leather stock used over my '08... July build date on my car) now...and it's rigid, but is giving after a few applications of conditioner.

This is nothing like the leather I had back in my 300zx or Ford SHO from the 90's ... not Cadillac leather by any means, but it's much better than that of what I have had in my past cars.. Then again, I will place my wallet in the cup holder if I have it digging into my butt/seat in certain pairs of jeans/pants I wear...so perhaps I am easier on my interior by nature.

·
Registered
682 Posts
These threads are just at odds w/ me...It makes me wonder if I'm just that gentle on onmy leather or unlike the ordinary person 'using' their car's interior.

'08 coupe, black leather...not an issue with the leather for 3 years..no cracking, tearing or signs of wear (had issues with how some of the cloth fabric around the interior/base of the car ...around the seats/floor... was tucked in at spots)

I use Lexol conditioner right out of the gate though...and cleaner/conditioner every 3-4 months from there on. If I'm spot cleaning, I use 303 Aerospace cleaner on accent trim and crevices around the seats. As of a month ago, I'm with Ivory leather (and yes, I see a clear improvement on the leather stock used over my '08... July build date on my car) now...and it's rigid, but is giving after a few applications of conditioner.

This is nothing like the leather I had back in my 300zx or Ford SHO from the 90's ... not Cadillac leather by any means, but it's much better than that of what I have had in my past cars.. Then again, I will place my wallet in the cup holder if I have it digging into my butt/seat in certain pairs of jeans/pants I wear...so perhaps I am easier on my interior by nature.
+1. I treat my leather like my baby.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts