Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did bookmark the fleabay seller that advertises the JDM wood/leather wheel. No doubt it's good quality though I'd like the burl wood on the wheel more. Later I could match it with the fake wood grain dash if I wanted to go that way. I had a factory wood grain wheel on one of my previous cars and really enjoyed the tactile difference transitioning from the leather portion to the wood. I recently saw the JDM wheel on Mode360's Accord and reminded me to inquire. Thanks..

Forgot a link..http://www.carid.com/2013-honda-acc...tem-11783507.html?CAWELAID=120019910003143190

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have a 1996 Mercedes E320 and the original leather on the steering wheel was cracked and chaffed despite an impeccable interior. So I had the steering wheel sent to B & I for the wood and leather treatment. It took much longer than they advertised because I asked them to color match the original leather and they claimed it took a long time to acquire the right die (the leather wasn't matched right anyway) and the leather used was thin and seemed cheap. HOWEVER, overall it looks great! I still have it, it's been about 2 years. The wood/leather seem is fantastic, but the clear coat on the wood part had a bubble when I got it, not a big deal. Pic below:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Luxury vehicle

That's

·
Registered
322 Posts
no thanks, if i put that thing in my car it would be equivalent to a pimple on the tip of your nose. Out of place. However, if you like it that is all that matters my friend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
However, if you like it that is all that matters my friend.
..and thats a fact! But thanks for the opinion anyway, I respect that. HAccord V6, did B&I shape the finger grooves into the wood also? Thanks for the image.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes they did. I know my first post seemed kinda negative, but overall it's a great steering wheel! Feels great and even though the leather is grainy and not the smooth type that I prefer, it looks perfect 2 years later with minimal wear.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes they did. I know my first post seemed kinda negative, but overall it's a great steering wheel! Feels great and even though the leather is grainy and not the smooth type that I prefer, it looks perfect 2 years later with minimal wear.
Thank you for the reply. Did B&I have the steering wheel exchange program with you? From what I've read so far they send you a finished wheel and you return yours to them...which makes good business sense. My wood/leather factory wheel I purchased with my car came on a new Eldorado Touring Coupe and the leather was beige/ivory in color. I found myself gripping the wheel more in the wood area, just right for me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
No problem, for my e320 they did not have a core so I had to send mine in and the car sat in my driveway for 6 weeks. In hindsight I should have bought an abused wheel on eBay and sent it to them, but I didn't anticipate it would take as long as it did. Looking online now, it looks like they have cores available for mainstream cars. I've been toying with the idea of doing this on my 8th gen.

Hole this helps!

And yes the wood wheel feels great except when your hands sweat.... But that's why it's nice to have wood and leather

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem, for my e320 they did not have a core so I had to send mine in and the car sat in my driveway for 6 weeks. In hindsight I should have bought an abused wheel on eBay and sent it to them, but I didn't anticipate it would take as long as it did. Looking online now, it looks like they have cores available for mainstream cars. I've been toying with the idea of doing this on my 8th gen.
Hole this helps!
And yes the wood wheel feels great except when your hands sweat.... But that's why it's nice to have wood and leather
Yes, it did help HAccordV6, thank you and appreciate the info! Btw, I love the beautiful wood grain on your dash, MB did a superb job. I'm leaning towards this swap, just need some dealership info on the install.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The wood in that car is actually a metal skeleton with real wood veneer on top of it, so in the event of an accident, the trim just bends rather than breaking into a million little shards.

And the wheel isn't difficult to do yourself! I thought I saw a DIY on here for the 9th gens! Post pics once you get the wheel!

Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts