Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other manual owners notice howling coming from in front of the firewall, on first starting in cold weather, and improving by pressing the clutch in? Lasts a minute or two and never comes back during the day. Kind of strange. Brand new 2020 2.0T with 1300 miles of service. Has no effect on shifting, and it only happens occasionally three times in the last month, only on the first start of the day.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any other manual owners notice howling coming from in front of the firewall, on first starting in cold weather, and improving by pressing the clutch in? Lasts a minute or two and never comes back during the day. Kind of strange. Brand new 2020 2.0T with 1300 miles of service. Has no effect on shifting, and it only happens occasionally three times in the last month, only on the first start of the day.
I get this noise ALL the time when it's cold. And yes, it always goes away when it's warmed up. I have around 9000 miles on mine and it's done it since new.

I attributed it to gear noise that was more audible when the fluid was cold. The times I've noticed it, the car has been frosted over and I forgot my ice scraper and had to sit and let it warm up before I could leave work (night shift worker here). When that happens, I hold the engine at 2500-3000 rpm to warm it up faster. That's the time when I notice the noise - a high pitched whine that goes away when depressing the clutch.

Is the pilot bearing the same as the input shaft bearing? And I'm assuming it is lubricated by the transmission fluid?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts