Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man the Factory Subwoofer on my 2013 Accord EXL is really lacking I hardly hear any output from it. This is so weak compared to my RSX I had with a dedicated 10" Speaker box. I searched and didn't seem to find much in the way of quick, cheap fixes. Is there anyway to just change out the speaker or some other lite mod (ie Alpine Power block) to get more output on this thing? I really disappointed that the factory EQ is so limiting. The rest of the sound system sound okay for now, but the lows are really not there...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
- Deadening mat on the rear deck where the sub sits + mat inside the plastic trim that covers the deck (under the white padding)
- Carpet 3 inch wide that will cover the entire width of the car, resting just behind the sub and the 6 1/2 on the rear deck, over the deadening mat.

That way, no vibration will be heard and the sub will kick much better

Tune the equalizer to personal choices

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Take it out and light it on fire.

Seriously though, you're never going to get quality bass from a small, crappy driver on flimsy metal deck on VERY minimal power.

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
I think there are people on here who have opted for cheap subs so they can get somewhat of a kick. I think they have been satisfied with those results.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That always does the trick. I did the same I added a Polk PA 600 amp and 12 inch Sony it bangs. Factory very weak my Ex didn't come with a sub.

·
Registered
120 Posts
- Deadening mat on the rear deck where the sub sits + mat inside the plastic trim that covers the deck (under the white padding)
- Carpet 3 inch wide that will cover the entire width of the car, resting just behind the sub and the 6 1/2 on the rear deck, over the deadening mat.

That way, no vibration will be heard and the sub will kick much better

Tune the equalizer to personal choices
Is this something the dealership can do? Might solve my rear deck rattle when the sub is NOT playing and when it is as well

·
Registered
46 Posts
I discovered turning the sub down makes it sound so much better. The sub just can't handle it so it starts to sound like crap early but the other speakers seem to do ok.

·
Sexyland's Finest
112 Posts
Replacement is the only option, in my opinion.

In the meantime, I've found fading to the rear drastically in the audio options sounds 'better'.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Of it were my car I would try driving the stock sub with an aftermarket amp. If that did not work have an audio shop replace the sub and add sound deadener as mentioned. That will do a lot.

Jay

·
Registered
133 Posts
I discovered turning the sub down makes it sound so much better. The sub just can't handle it so it starts to sound like crap early but the other speakers seem to do ok.
This is true. Turn it down a bit and the rattle is much less present. It still doesnt kick though.

I would not power the stock sub with an aftermarket amp unless you want more rattle.

If you want quick, you could go with a powered box under the seat or tube in the trunk. Some threads cover this.

I just put in a shallow 10" with a dedicated amp last night and without having set the gains yet you can already tell how much better it's going to be. Cost me about $200 and some bloody knuckles.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your car is a NAV unit. Access the secret menu by first pressing NAV+Phone+Menu, then once the menu comes up, hold the Menu botton again until another menu page comes up. Scroll down to page three of this menu and there is an option to change the DSP to FLAT. Select that then back out of all the menus. It improves the sound from horrendous to just ok, but thats still a massive improvement. It also saves this even though it does not show it if you access the menu again.

I could have the first 3 buttons wrong, if I do someone please correct me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes. The sound remains the same. I have gone back into the menu and switched it back and forth and noticed that it had saved the setting of FLAT even though it displays it as OFF. When the battery is disconnected though, it does reset.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
If your car is a NAV unit. Access the secret menu by first pressing NAV+Phone+Menu, then once the menu comes up, hold the Menu botton again until another menu page comes up. Scroll down to page three of this menu and there is an option to change the DSP to FLAT. Select that then back out of all the menus. It improves the sound from horrendous to just ok, but thats still a massive improvement. It also saves this even though it does not show it if you access the menu again.

I could have the first 3 buttons wrong, if I do someone please correct me.

Thanks!
Someone please tell me how to do this on an EX system!!!!

Jay

1 - 20 of 26 Posts