Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wish you luck and hope that Metra works out those issues. Being there in their "backyard" is probably a big help. But forgive me for being cynical, but I remember when that kit was first displayed at CES in early 2014 and I've watched its progress. While it's true that they've updated and made improvements they've come very slowly. I'm also not a fan of the attitude I've observing in dealing with them or their dealers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just installed the metra kit and an Alpine ILX-620. I have a 2014 EX-L and am having a lot of the same issues. The most annoying by far is that forward collision warning isn’t working / car says it is off when it starts.

Is this firmware related or did the shop that installed it do something wrong?help is greatly appreciated before I throw more money at replacing the speakers!

Hi guys! Im having all the related issues about the kit! Backup camera black picture, lane watch the same, fcw light in dash on! Can i do a reset on the module? Can I upgrade my firmware, how? Maybe not properly installed? Please help! Im very upset right now after all that money spent
were you ever able to figure this out @Ale_0518? Having all the same issues!

·
Registered
218 Posts
any updates to this at all guys? I'm about to install the metra harness but on a 2013 accord without forward collision warning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problems with the 99-7804 kit from crutchfield my first aswc-1 was bad. Auto learn has not worked on the 3 aswc-1's that I have tried (fw 4.19) I had to manually program all 3 but the first one just would do random stuff. My in dash display flickers, backup cam is dim, volume goes down in reverse. I had a Sony ax210 swapped in a avh2550nex still the same issues. Working with a 2017 honda accord sport non-touch screen. My ptt button works in carplay, on the hook and off the hook do not function all the connections that are not plug and play are soldered and I have dual grounds factory and body.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm having the same problems with the 99-7804 kit from crutchfield my first aswc-1 was bad. Auto learn has not worked on the 3 aswc-1's that I have tried (fw 4.19) I had to manually program all 3 but the first one just would do random stuff. My in dash display flickers, backup cam is dim, volume goes down in reverse. I had a Sony ax210 swapped in a avh2550nex still the same issues. Working with a 2017 honda accord sport non-touch screen. My ptt button works in carplay, on the hook and off the hook do not function all the connections that are not plug and play are soldered and I have dual grounds factory and body.
From what I understand it sounds like refreshed accords don’t do well with the metra harness and your better off burying then head unit.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts