Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord Automatic V6 Coupe
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't even had the car (2010 Accord V6 Coupe San Merino Red) for 2 weeks when some douchebag backed into my rear bumper. Any suggestions on how to DIY this? Thinking of buffing it out (if possible?), but don't know where to go after that...

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
3,091 Posts
You can buff some of that to where it will be hardly noticeable, but you have cracked and missing paint in places that will only be removed with bumper refinishing and paint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buff some of that to where it will be hardly noticeable, but you have cracked and missing paint in places that will only be removed with bumper refinishing and paint.
Bumper refinishing? And what kind of paint? Touch up, spray paint, or?

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
146 Posts
For paint transfer:

Reactions: Bigbird23

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That seems easy enough. I'm more concerned with the scratches and cracks. Idiot couldn't even leave me a note or anything. I've narrowed it down to 2 cars so we'll see how this goes...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Looks like most of it can be buffed out, but those high points need to be sanded off. They are positioned low enough, and the area is small enough, I'd probably try to blend it in rather than redoing the entire bumper cover. You should be able to order that exact paint code mixed for you and bottled in a can. That and a can of 2K clear coat will do you. This is all based on one photo with the flash on, those can be misleading.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
146 Posts
If you're not concerned about it looking 100% perfect you might be able to get away with a touchup pen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts