Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to replace the serpentine belt tensioner on my 2001 Accord V6. I've read up on some of these threads but want to make sure I have it in order.

Will I need a long socket to get this bolts out of the tensioner assembly? My tools are relatively basic.

Do I need to pull the power steering fluid reservoir out to get access to the top of the assembly?

Do I need to jack it up and access the assembly from under the car?

Any tips would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well since you're all so interested I thought I'd update you. The switch was relatively uneventful except for a little trouble getting around the dip stick bracket. Next project is the side motor mount if anyone wants to step up with some advice on that one.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I just happened to see this thread, and what you're describing sounds very similar to the 8G. My experience with auto tensioner replacement: if the service manual says to do it, then chances are it's a good idea. Yep had to remove my power steering reservoir. Yep needed a long socket to get the center bolt out from the tensioner (could probably have just used an extension bar, but I reached for what was handy)

I also found it's a good idea to work on this stuff with the engine cold so the bolts haven't expanded and require a ridiculous amount of torque to get off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts