Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any update on Girard Gibbs Class Action Lawsuit Accord/TSX rear brakes that went on court July 26,2010 at 10am, who went and what was the repercussion?
I was on their webpage and no update. Are we getting reimbursed, for those who updated their pads with the new (part number 43022-TAO-A40)Revision.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Yea Honda will be installing Brembo brakes in place of the stock ones.

·
MSM SPORT
262 Posts
Any update on Girard Gibbs Class Action Lawsuit Accord/TSX rear brakes that went on court July 26,2010 at 10am, who went and what was the repercussion?
I was on their webpage and no update. Are we getting reimbursed, for those who updated their pads with the new (part number 43022-TAO-A40)Revision.

Was wondering about this myself. I know the hearing was supposed to be on the 26th to see if everyone had agreed to terms. Google search or www.accordsettlement.com don't show any updates yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres the up to date from Girard Gibbs, As I spoke to them earlier today they will email all clients who participated on this lawsuit and we should received that email from them by the end of this week. The court has not made any judgement whether we are getting reimburse or not. Lawyer advised me that this could take few weeks or longer before the court makes decision. I am frustrated; so far this is my third rear brake pads and Honda owes me $300.00 not to mention my rotors was resurface 3 times dont know how much more my rotors can take (car is almost 2 yrs with 27k)

I also spoke to Honda Corporate and nobody is getting reimburse until they settle.

·
MSM SPORT
262 Posts
Heres the up to date from Girard Gibbs, As I spoke to them earlier today they will email all clients who participated on this lawsuit and we should received that email from them by the end of this week. The court has not made any judgement whether we are getting reimburse or not. Lawyer advised me that this could take few weeks or longer before the court makes decision. I am frustrated; so far this is my third rear brake pads and Honda owes me $300.00 not to mention my rotors was resurface 3 times dont know how much more my rotors can take (car is almost 2 yrs with 27k)

I also spoke to Honda Corporate and nobody is getting reimburse until they settle.
Thanks for the update. More waiting....:thumbsdow

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in the process of sending my second reimbursement form through Girard Gibbs. So if anyone of you has/had their brakes done through the dealer all i can say is submit your form immediately if you want your money back. Honda should pay the full amount not just $150.00, it cost me $199.99 plus tax to get my rear brakes fixed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received a letter from the dealer about this. I have a 2009 LX sedan with 12,900 miles on it right now and I haven't had any problems with my brakes at all. I have heard people talking about problems from the rear pads around 10,000 miles or so. So is this a recall that the dealers will have to fix or is it just for the people that had their brakes worked on or fixed from the dealer and are now experiencing problems getting a refund from Honda? I just needed a little clarification on this if any at all. Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I received a letter from the dealer about this. I have a 2009 LX sedan with 12,900 miles on it right now and I haven't had any problems with my brakes at all. I have heard people talking about problems from the rear pads around 10,000 miles or so. So is this a recall that the dealers will have to fix or is it just for the people that had their brakes worked on or fixed from the dealer and are now experiencing problems getting a refund from Honda? I just needed a little clarification on this if any at all. Thanks a lot in advance.
There no recall as of now . This is only for user that have had pads replaced .
There no recall cause there no new parts to fix this other than revised brake pads with V springs and instructions on caliper pin location .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts