Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if it is a feature on all trim levels but my EX will give me 30 (?) seconds after I shut the car off to roll the windows up and close the sunroof. Unless A door is opened then it cancels out, making this feature all but useless. Any way to keep it working even when a door is open?

·
Registered
661 Posts
You might be able to extend that 30 second period, mine has at least 2 minutes of power unless you open the door. It may be a setting you can adjust. I don't however, think you can stop a door opening from killing the power.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be able to extend that 30 second period, mine has at least 2 minutes of power unless you open the door. It may be a setting you can adjust. I don't however, think you can stop a door opening from killing the power.
The time could be five hours, if it cancels when the door opens it is completely useless.

Bump... Anybody...

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
The time could be five hours, if it cancels when the door opens it is completely useless.

Bump... Anybody...
If the power does not shut off when the door is open, when would you like it to shut off?

May I ask why you need the power to stay on when the door is open? Maybe that will help me understand the situation better and provide a solution.

Jay

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If the power does not shut off when the door is open, when would you like it to shut off?

May I ask why you need the power to stay on when the door is open? Maybe that will help me understand the situation better and provide a solution.

Jay
He's trying to close the windows when the ignition is off and the door is open.

Is there a reason you can't do all this before you shut off the car?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's trying to close the windows when the ignition is off and the door is open.

Is there a reason you can't do all this before you shut off the car?
Because I am always in a super hurry and don't want to wait the 30 seconds it takes to roll the windows up and close the sunroof.

Because I don't want to close the windows and sunroof before I park my car.

Because I stop my car and start to get out when my wife tells me her window is still down.

Because Honda added a feature and then made it useless, if I am staying in the car I can simply wait to turn the ignition off.

I would be happy with any time delay that was long enough to close the windows/ sunroof plus a small buffer for when the passenger needs extra time to get organized. (Am I the only person who is 50 feet away from the car before the passenger has even opened their door?) So 30 seconds to 2 minutes would be perfect.

Reactions: jrjmurray

·
Registered
60 Posts
Probably the only way would be to get an aftermarket alarm or just a remote starter would be cheaper, and add the window roll up module. You could get a python or avital remote starter with the DEI window module and DBALL2 immobilizer for around 100-125 bucks on eBay. And then just program the python/avital unit to roll up all windows when it locks the doors or on one of the AUX channels.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably the only way would be to get an aftermarket alarm or just a remote starter would be cheaper, and add the window roll up module. You could get a python or avital remote starter with the DEI window module and DBALL2 immobilizer for around 100-125 bucks on eBay. And then just program the python/avital unit to roll up all windows when it locks the doors or on one of the AUX channels.

Thanks but I was hoping I could do it without buying something extra and getting to involved. On a previous car I was able to tap into the circuit for retained power and use a time delay relay to supply current even after the door was opened.

Edit --> I really loved it on my previous car but I have gotten pretty used to working around it. Still if there was a relatively easy way to do it I would.

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,237 Posts
One way was to keep the door jam switch stay in contact. that's how I did it, so I can have the door open, still have power, and not being bothered by the door chime; but of course there will be other drawbacks when doing so.

·
2015 EX-L, V6/Navi CBP
140 Posts
In this case, it's quicker for me to grab the keyfob out of my pocket, hold down the lock button until all the windows and moonroof (if left open) are closed properly. Dunno if all trim level works the same, though.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You have an auto up/down driver and passenger window. It's simple. Do auto up on both. While those are closing, close the moonroof.

Maximum time elapsed is app. 7 seconds (not 30 seconds).

Then, open your door.

Millions of customers have done it this way for years. Don't manufacture a "design flaw" where none exists.

·
Registered
630 Posts
You have an auto up/down driver and passenger window. It's simple. Do auto up on both. While those are closing, close the moonroof.

Maximum time elapsed is app. 7 seconds (not 30 seconds).

Then, open your door.

Millions of customers have done it this way for years. Don't manufacture a "design flaw" where none exists.
Moonroof has one-touch close as well. No need to hold the close button.

Sometimes, it's the other passengers in the car that can't wait to open the doors, not the driver. I have an uncle who's so impatient he opens the door before I could even bring the car to a complete stop.

Reactions: jrjmurray

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Moonroof has one-touch close as well. No need to hold the close button.

Sometimes, it's the other passengers in the car that can't wait to open the doors, not the driver. I have an uncle who's so impatient he opens the door before I could even bring the car to a complete stop.
Yes, auto-close on the moonroof, as well.

You can prevent the crazy uncle from opening the door while the car is in motion. Just set the the auto door lock to unlock when you shift into P or turn the car off. They won't be able to open the door until you are stopped and place in P (unless he manually unlocks it). :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yes, auto-close on the moonroof, as well.

You can prevent the crazy uncle from opening the door while the car is in motion. Just set the the auto door lock to unlock when you shift into P or whatever. They won't be able to open the door until you are stopped and place in P (unless he manually unlocks it). :)
That was a Nissan Sentra from years ago. He's too disabled to leave the house these days, sadly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have push to start you can keep the accessory power on by holding the button/trigger on the shifter when in park when you're turning the car off.

This will keep the radio and everything on until you press the push to start button again, I think you have to push it twice after to turn the car off fully.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks but I was hoping I could do it without buying something extra and getting to involved. On a previous car I was able to tap into the circuit for retained power and use a time delay relay to supply current even after the door was opened.

Edit --> I really loved it on my previous car but I have gotten pretty used to working around it. Still if there was a relatively easy way to do it I would.
Well you can't get less involved then rolling up the windows before you open the doors lol. I'm pretty sure auto up for both driver and passenger come standard on our vehicles. So as your pulling into your parking spot click the switches once. Boom done lol. This method is free and takes NO time if done before your done parking.

·
Get off my lawn
254 Posts
Because I am always in a super hurry and don't want to wait the 30 seconds it takes to roll the windows up and close the sunroof.

Because I don't want to close the windows and sunroof before I park my car.

Because I stop my car and start to get out when my wife tells me her window is still down.

Because Honda added a feature and then made it useless, if I am staying in the car I can simply wait to turn the ignition off.

I would be happy with any time delay that was long enough to close the windows/ sunroof plus a small buffer for when the passenger needs extra time to get organized. (Am I the only person who is 50 feet away from the car before the passenger has even opened their door?) So 30 seconds to 2 minutes would be perfect.
Honda is just not that into you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One way was to keep the door jam switch stay in contact. that's how I did it, so I can have the door open, still have power, and not being bothered by the door chime; but of course there will be other drawbacks when doing so.
I am going to give this a try. The wire fell inside the doorframe so I hope I like it. As a bonus the super annoying beep that goes off when the key fob is out of the car doesn't go off anymore.

If the rest of you put half the energy into solving problems that you put into trying to explain why they are not problems we could have our cars do anything we wanted.

Edit - It's a manual, the hold down the power button trick doesn't work, not that that would solve my problem. I am often shifting or ready to shift as I pull into a parking space. It's longer than 7 seconds and I would rather wait NO seconds. Still won't help if a passenger still has a window down after I open my door. Key fob will not roll the windows up on my EX. AND the bottom line is I will find it faster and more convienient.

Reactions: kundu and jrjmurray

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
In this case, it's quicker for me to grab the keyfob out of my pocket, hold down the lock button until all the windows and moonroof (if left open) are closed properly. Dunno if all trim level works the same, though.
WHAT? I'm trying this on my LX today, but I'm expecting a letdown on the bottom trim :crying

1 - 20 of 29 Posts