Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that winter is here I often find myself in situations where I leave my car running while I get out for a minute or two to do something. Not to mention the occasional starting the car to warm it up. Either way I get the super annoying 'Beep, Beep, Beep, ...' sound when the fob leaves the car. Is there any way to disable this feature?

So far the best I have come up with is leaving the fob in the car, kinda defeats the whole push button start convenience thing and I am afraid it will malfunction and let me lock the key in the car. Not to mention the reduced security of leaving the key in the car.

And a second question, is the an easy way to lock the car while it is running? So far the best I have come up with is separate the physical key from the fob and use the keyhole in the drivers door- super inconvenient and I have to go to the drivers side door to unlock the car.

FWIW I don't have a garage and even if I did I would be more than willing to accept the responsibility for remembering to shut my car off to avoid this annoyance.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The beep is a minor inconvenience and I would not want to disable it. Not sure if it can be done. It is a huge hassle if somebody drives off without the key since you cannot restart the car once it stops. An occasional beep is worth it to reduce that risk.

Using the physical key is a very convenient way to lock your car with it running - you sure can't do that in a non keyless car without using two keys. Of course you can still use two keys if using the physical key on the drivers door is a huge inconvenience.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sometimes I leave the door open... It only beeps if you shut the door with the key outside.

You can turn off the beep in the settings, if I recall. At least on my trim. But I opted not to, because in hybrid models the car can be running and still be very quiet, so it is easier to walk away and not realize the car is running.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Getting rid of the beep would be really nice... Yes, car, I know I left my lights on, I want my path to be illuminated. Now shut up, will ya? :) You will automatically turn them off, so why should I turn the lights off myself? *talking to my car*

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
AFAIK there is no way to disable. It is a safety feature as people have left cars running in garages (even with a beep) and people have died from CO poisoning as a result.

There is a Class action against Toyota following several home deaths form keyless start cars. The claim is that the beep is not enough and if the car is left running, an automatic engine shutoff timer should shut the engine down after 30 min or so. TMK, no car has this feature.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The whole 1.5 seconds of audible beep is tolerable, unless you're constantly teen re-entering and exiting your vehicle while it runs. As someone above mentioned, a minor inconvenience.

·
46 Posts
Afterall...you're paying for these safety features...Might as well leave it alone you know?

·
HA-420
709 Posts
Sometimes I leave the door open... It only beeps if you shut the door with the key outside.

You can turn off the beep in the settings, if I recall. At least on my trim. But I opted not to, because in hybrid models the car can be running and still be very quiet, so it is easier to walk away and not realize the car is running.
So you can disable it on the Hybrid?

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
514 Posts
So you can disable it on the Hybrid?

Sent from my HTC One
No. I checked yesterday. I was mixing options up with the light and answer back beep settings, which you can turn on/off. But not the 'car is running and key is in the car when you closed the door beep', no option for that. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just curious, where is the "beeper" physically located, and is it the same "beeper" as when u press lock twice on your car?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I gotta believe it's the same "beeper".

You thinking of modifying the actual thing that makes the sound?

Sent from my HTC One
I personally like the security aspect of it. But for someone who is highly compelled to rid the sound, maybe they can just disconnect it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
yes wish I could remove that beeper...

I always get annnoyed when I wash my car inside door open, beep beep beep beep beep lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Car beep

yes wish I could remove that beeper...

I always get annnoyed when I wash my car inside door open, beep beep beep beep beep lol
My 14 EX sedan only beeps if I close the door with the engine running. It doesn't make a sound if the car is running with my drivers door open.

·
6Burgh
39 Posts
The beep doesn't bother me, I acutally kind of like it. If you're lucky like me it'll stop working on its on like mine has. Not sure why but havent had the time to look into it. I've had other issues with the keyless go. Very rarely i'll be in the car and itll say no key when I try and start or It'll start and it'll say no key as im driving with the key in the car.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with the beepers.

I'm glad it beeps to let me know when I've left my keys in the car.

On the other hand though, I wish to hell I could stop it from beeping every time my phone connects to the car via Bluetooth. I've tried every setting to kill this sound, but with no luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts