Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a set of the 20" Civic Type R wheels was wondering if anybody attempted to put them on there Accord ? I know the bolt pattern is diffrent and would need hub adapters but not sure of the overall fitment would be nice on the accord

·
Registered
50 Posts
Civic Type R wheels are 20x8.5 ET60 and I'm assuming adapters are at minimum 25 mm in size, so that'll put you at 20x8.5 ET35. It should sit pretty flush but shouldn't poke.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My friend has a set of the 20" Civic Type R wheels was wondering if anybody attempted to put them on there Accord ? I know the bolt pattern is diffrent and would need hub adapters but not sure of the overall fitment would be nice on the accord
Did u or ur friend do this? Are there pics somewhere if u did?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently trying to do this. I just bought a set of Fk8 Type-R rims for my 98 Accord and didn't know the bolt pattern on em was 5x120. I thought like every other Civic and Accord it would be 5x114.3 (5x4.5). But apparently Honda wants to make my life more difficult than it needs to be.

My 98 Accord is lowered about 2 inches and sits oh so flush w/o camber. I'm definitely gonna need adapters, swap wheel hubs, or add camber because it doesn't look like the Fk8 wheels plus adapters will tuck in the wheel well.

I have to decide if I want to swap hub or add adapters.

If anyone make a direct replacement 5x120 hub, life is simple.

If not, I have to add adapters. And if I add adapters, then I have to either raise it back up to allow space for the additional width from the 5x120 adapters or keep it lowered and add camber.

Thanks Honda!

·
More cars, more problems
272 Posts
But apparently Honda wants to make my life more difficult than it needs to be.
Sounds like your lack of research and relying on sweeping generalizations is making your life more difficult that it needs to be. Honda didn't make you buy the wrong wheels.

·
Need some LSD...
129 Posts
Fkk paying for rubber band tires ! Don't mess with the FK8 wheels. Sell, buy 5x114.3 wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like your lack of research and relying on sweeping generalizations is making your life more difficult that it needs to be. Honda didn't make you buy the wrong wheels.
I assumed and we know how the saying goes. Life lesson learned here. I'll take this one on the chin and bounce back!

Also since you have life figured, do you know if a 8.5 width and 60 offset will fit a 6th gen Accord?

Can't find an answer and willtheyfit.com doesn't give a "Go" or "No Go" for turning wheel travel.

Fkk paying for rubber band tires ! Don't mess with the FK8 wheels. Sell, buy 5x114.3 wheels.
After 2 days of deliberation that's exactly what I'm going to do. Might go down to 19's tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts