Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No seriously it isn't fast but at least with the 2.4 manual I'm constantly trying to slow it down then I give it has let off and it still keeps gaining a bit.. Has it learned that I like to put my foot down from time to time? Maybe it's the way I'm shifting too I take a few seconds then have to put it back into first because of damn traffic.. I just honest to god have a hard time keeping it slow or with city traffic

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is by far the slowest car I have ever owned. I understand it's big but it just has no power. My 94 was way better but hey it's a nice highway ride

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Funny enough, I only drive mine slow. It's a family sedan, not a race car. It's comfy and quiet and the V6 has torque for days. I barely ever rev it past 3K. When i want to go fast, i hop in my Integra. Honda makes cars that are made to go fast, this is not necessarily one of them. An S2000, Integra, or NSX may be for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No seriously it isn't fast but at least with the 2.4 manual I'm constantly trying to slow it down then I give it has let off and it still keeps gaining a bit.. Has it learned that I like to put my foot down from time to time? Maybe it's the way I'm shifting too I take a few seconds then have to put it back into first because of damn traffic.. I just honest to god have a hard time keeping it slow or with city traffic
I had a 7th gen stick shift and ended up getting rid of it because I live in the city. I couldn't stand constantly shifting in rush hour traffic or even. Traffic in general. Too many poorly placed lights and stop signs, too many potholes, it was just a nuisance. When you drive stick you generally want to drive faster just because. At least that's how it was for me.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
the 8th i4 is a heavy ass boat. no power or torque and like 3500 pounds. with that said i still love my car and no. i do not have a problem with the car still picking up speed after letting go of the pedal i think something is wrong with you lol

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
This is by far the slowest car I have ever owned. I understand it's big but it just has no power. My 94 was way better but hey it's a nice highway ride

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
same here this is the slowest car I have had in a long wile and honestly I am still not used to it.I am starting to wish I got the v6 6m instead. It just has zero low end . I do switch with my Tundra 5.7 with 4:30 tow gearing which feels like a twin turbo awd gallardo when I floor it at a light.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
IMO, this car has a lot of speeds that the engine/gearing combo just doesn't like to maintain. It's probably different in the MT though.

·
"Old School" Shifter
380 Posts
Stay in first gear when you can. You set the pace. Almost let it idle as you go. Stay off the bumper of the person in front of you.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,625 Posts
i have noticed that in bumper to bumper traffic, you can coast the car in heavy traffic while in gear.

1st gear gives you 5mph
2nd gear gives you 10mph
3rd gear around 15 mph

anything higher than that, and you will be moving with the gas pedal, not wit the brakes and clutch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is the second car i owned and compared to my 5.7 hemi this think is a snail off the line but once i'm going i have a hard time going slow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts