Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
For my dad's 2003 EX V6 it's the rear right third plug and the front third plug to the right that has issues. When I was taking out all the plugs to re-seat them just in case of loosening problems I noticed that I could not properly tighten these plugs down as they would begin to tighten then loosen etc. So I just found the best 15lb torque point. Keep in mind that I always apply anti-seize and dielectric grease(on porcelain ribs only) of the the plugs before installing...

Keep in mind that the plug has to be completely removed new anti-seize and dielectric re-applied since when you tighten or move the plug in anyway it breaks the old anti-seize protective bond/casing which could lead to a seized plug.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that, in most cases, these spark plug problems come from the design of the intake cleaner hose cracking. Due to the asinine design of cramped space and harder to manage removal of the air intake box most attempts over the years will eventually cause hidden cracks within the ribbed portion of the hose. Non-metered and sometimes contaminated air gets right into the vacuum leak causing a foul ratio fuel/air mix that eventually loosen and damage the spark plugs and machined threads. The fact that you can still start and operate the vehicle with no real check engine light unless the problem is severe enough doesn't help as well.

1 - 2 of 4 Posts