Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had success with using one of the dongles that I see on Amazon to get wireless Apple CarPlay in their Accord? I have a 2019 Touring and my only gripe is that CarPlay isn't wireless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for the same answer, and as of January or so, the closest 'working' solution appears to be CPLAY2air dongle for $159 (directly from manufacturer), but even that is still going through 'beta' firmware phases. I have a 20 Accord Touring and want to try it, but sure would be nice if someone else had already lived that pain for us before we pull the trigger ourselves! Dealing with the potential of needing to return with an off-shore company feels fraught with terror...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the CPLAY2air dongle and found it didn't work on my 2019 Touring Hybrid. I ended up returning it. I can't tell you whether or not mine was defective since the tech support for the product was non-existant. For the record, I have an iPhone 11 Pro. CarPlay works perfectly when my phone is connected to the system, but the wireless part with the CPLAY2air dongle is not the answer.

I tried the CPLAY2air dongle and found it didn't work on my 2019 Touring Hybrid. I ended up returning it. I can't tell you whether or not mine was defective since the tech support for the product was non-existant. For the record, I have an iPhone 11 Pro. CarPlay works perfectly when my phone is connected to the system, but the wireless part with the CPLAY2air dongle is not the answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts