Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the K and N filter which fits directly into the factory air box? I know there is little to no power gains but I am wondering if it increases the intake level noise in the car compared to the factory filter. I would like to eventually get the K and N replacement drop in but I don't want any excessive intake noise. Also how is the fit?

I have a 2013 sport :banana:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have used them in the past and they work well. Fit has always been great and no extra noise.

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does anyone have the K and N filter which fits directly into the factory air box? I know there is little to no power gains but I am wondering if it increases the intake level noise in the car compared to the factory filter. I would like to eventually get the K and N replacement drop in but I don't want any excessive intake noise. Also how is the fit?

I have a 2013 sport :banana:
If you do go with an oiled filter design like the K&N you should always follow the re-oiling instructions EXACTLY. It is easy to over-oil the filter, and that is what can lead to MAF issues. We have had customers in the past who have had this happen, and is the main reason we only carry Dry Flow filters.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a K&N panel filter in place of stock filter. No increase in induction noise. Then I removed stock resonator in fender well. In effect, I have a CAI.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought one also

No difference in noise or gas mileage ( which I didn't expect ) I just like being able to clean and reuse..I got a "open box" one on amazon for a great price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts