Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone bought and installed these new tail lights on their 10th gen Accord? I’ve only seen one other aftermarket option and these look much better than those in my opinion.

Man this forum is dead lately, 30 views and not a single comment. Am I the only one that thinks these tail lights are completely bad (BUTTOCKS)? The tail lights on the sport edition are severely lacking and I think these would make a awesome alternative. I have only seen one other alternative and I did not care for the way the reverse and brake lights work on that version compared to these. I will give them a call tomorrow and might just very well order a set.

·
HK Moderator
13,579 Posts
Man this forum is dead lately, 30 views and not a single comment.
You waited one hour and complained of no comments on these (2003) 2Fast 2Furious Roman Pierce tail lights?

Facebook is great for instant comments- try them!

·
HK Moderator
13,579 Posts
Check with your insurance (and local Johnny Law Department) if these be all legal and such....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Tacky. But that's the opinion of one random person on the Internet. My usual comment would be somewhere along the lines of "why replace a new factory part with some aftermarket part of unknown build quality and reliability?" but it's not like the 10th gen accord has been the most reliable accord in history of reliable accords, so go for it. You will not see it when driving, so it will change your life in absolutely no way whatsoever, and you will all but forget about it a week after installing it, but it is good to spend money. Spending money stimulates the economy and creates jobs.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tuff crowd here today...lol... my biggest complaint with the stock tail lights is the dummy piece on top where the touring lights up. And if I’m going to spend money on changing them then I want LED and I want visibility. The test loop is a little cheesy but the function and normal look reminds me or the Lexus RC F Sport. And for the money, $350, that’s about 4hrs of work so we aren’t talking about 2nd mortgage here...lol...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear you on the quality aspect and is the main reason I’m holding off on these. Don’t want to put the effort into changing them out to have them fail in a year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No way I'd ever put them on my car. And no way I would buy the Accord if they came as standard. Just like I'd never buy a Mustang because of how they made the rear turn signals (plus it's a Ford). I see Audi is now doing something similar. I just don't get creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The very small brake light area ruins it for me.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2,015 Posts
No way I'd ever put them on my car. And no way I would buy the Accord if they came as standard. Just like I'd never buy a Mustang because of how they made the rear turn signals (plus it's a Ford). I see Audi is now doing something similar. I just don't get creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
? Ok.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,815 Posts
It's your car. Do what pleases you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello guys. Hope you are all having an awesome day. I am starting my mods and was really looking in to these tailights; 2018-20 Honda Accord LED Tail Lights. The problem with this is that I am very aware of legal restrictions to certain car mods and I am not wanting any possible tickets for mods. According to the internet, taillights should allow 24% of light through it and must be visibly bright from ~300 feet. Are these taillights going to be a problem with the police? I am buying the “Smoked” version of them.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Totally subjective. Are you driving in front of a cop who is having a bad day? Are you driving in front of a less observant cop? Each state is going to have different laws regarding modifications. Going to have to roll the dice on this one if you install them.

Smoked tail lights decrease visibility and look dumb in my opinion.

·
HK Moderator
13,579 Posts
What is the police's phone number? I will call and ask them.

According to the internet, taillights should allow 24% of light through it and must be visibly bright from ~300 feet. Are these taillights going to be a problem with the police?
The Police have made a great deal of money over the years- I do not think they drive themselves around so I don't see if they should be concerned that you make your tail lights darker. But if you do get rear ended by them, their lawyers may sue you to mitigate damage liability, and your insurance may drop you.

I called my State Farm agent and asked if I darken my tail lights what would happen as far as coverage. For small things they would not care- they make a lot of money from me for home/auto, etc...but if it were a big accident they would drop me.

Same as if you used your car to rob a bank and then deliberately smashed into a group of veterans at a memorial rally- State Farm would not pay to fix your car. Small print stuff....
View attachment 518718

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello guys. Hope you are all having an awesome day. I am starting my mods and was really looking in to these tailights; 2018-20 Honda Accord LED Tail Lights. The problem with this is that I am very aware of legal restrictions to certain car mods and I am not wanting any possible tickets for mods. According to the internet, taillights should allow 24% of light through it and must be visibly bright from ~300 feet. Are these taillights going to be a problem with the police? I am buying the “Smoked” version of them.

View attachment 518716
It's subjective. I got this exact one, chat with one cop when I was parking and he said it looks cool.

Regarding brightness, it's very bright at night. V1 is dim and not bright enough for sure, but V4 is nice and bright.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts