Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wireless Carplay Play Adapter for 10th Gen Honda Accord on Ali express.

Please share feedback and thoughts if anyone got this installed.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for sharing. In the link, if you click the first video, its a LX display. This is the first time, seen a LX retrofit for apple carplay, so definitely this is good news. On top of the display i can see some wires. Not sure if they cracked it using wireless or through wiring. I am interested but not sure on their return policy, is if it doesn't work. Standing by for feedback from others if anyone installed....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing. In the link, if you click the first video, its a LX display. This is the first time, seen a LX retrofit for apple carplay, so definitely this is good news. On top of the display i can see some wires. Not sure if they cracked it using wireless or through wiring. I am interested but not sure on their return policy, is if it doesn't work. Standing by for feedback from others if anyone installed....
As per the description, it supports 3 things.

1. Wired Carplay if no Carplay available in your car.

2. Android Auto (Wired) if no Android Auto available. in you car

3. Wireless Carplay if Wired Carplay already available in your car

I have 2018 Honda Accord Touring 1.5 with built in Carplay and Android Auto. So looking for Wireless Carplay Adapter

There are many Amazon/Alibaba Wireless/Wired Carplay Adapters for cars that use Android Head unit (10th Gen Honda Accord is Android). But all of them needs to have rooted Head unit with an apk installed. Unfortunately 10th Gen Accord Headunit rooting method is not available now.

Not sure if this one needs Head unit rooting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As per the description, it supports 3 things.

1. Wired Carplay if no Carplay available in your car.

2. Android Auto (Wired) if no Android Auto available. in you car

3. Wireless Carplay if Wired Carplay already available in your car

I have 2018 Honda Accord Touring 1.5 with built in Carplay and Android Auto. So looking for Wireless Carplay Adapter

There are many Amazon/Alibaba Wireless/Wired Carplay Adapters for cars that use Android Head unit (10th Gen Honda Accord is Android). But all of them needs to have rooted Head unit with an apk installed. Unfortunately 10th Gen Accord Headunit rooting method is not available now.

Not sure if this one needs Head unit rooting.

Not sure how these folks cracked it without installing an app, specially on a LX display (which is no HDMI/USB port). The instructions and FAQ section is not available yet. Cannot find any Contact/email to ask questions either. Looks like this product just came in and will wait for them to update the details. If this product really works, as they claim, it has a good market.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Cannot find any Contact/email to ask questions either. Looks like this product just came in and will wait for them to update the details. If this product really works, as they claim, it has a good market.
Don't hold your breath. If they do update the product details/instructions they will be the most poorly worded english/chinese gibberish no one will be able to understand them. I would never buy knockoff electronics from aliexpress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure how these folks cracked it without installing an app, specially on a LX display (which is no HDMI/USB port). The instructions and FAQ section is not available yet. Cannot find any Contact/email to ask questions either. Looks like this product just came in and will wait for them to update the details. If this product really works, as they claim, it has a good market.
Conacted the seller using Ali Express app's Contact Seller options and asked about 2018 Accord Touring compatibility. Told to send them Dashboard pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Following-

I just purchased a 2020 Hybrid Base as a commuter, and although I don't regret my purchase I just wish Android Auto/Car Play WASNT $4K 'upgrade' (to EX)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Conacted the seller using Ali Express app's Contact Seller options and asked about 2018 Accord Touring compatibility. Told to send them Dashboard pictures.

Thanks. If you get a response back, could you also ask them about instructions on LX or provide me the email address?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Judging from the pictures, I think that this "module" is basically an android box without a display and it would output it's display onto the OEM display and take over the screen. Some pictures show the LX display with CarPlay which makes me think that I'm right, but there's other pictures with an OEM lookalike headunit that makes me have second thoughts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received confirmation from www.carplay2air.com customer support that their Wireless Carplay Adapter supports 2018 Honda Accord Touring.

More information at

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wish the solution was a simple dongle that you plug via usb and connect with the phone and get wireless Carplay /Android auto.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I wish the solution was a simple dongle that you plug via usb and connect with the phone and get wireless Carplay /Android auto.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
It is a simple plug and play usb dongle solution you connect to one of your carplay usb port.

Plug it into one of the Carplay USB port, turn on WiFi and Bluetooth, locate the device via Bluetooth, pair it via 0000 code.

The adapter itself is equipped with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hardware.

At first, it connects via Bluetooth, sends the WIFI credentials to the phone and disconnects from Bluetooth network. Works solely via WIFI later on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Received confirmation from www.carplay2air.com customer support that their Wireless Carplay Adapter supports 2018 Honda Accord Touring.

More information at

That’s good news.
Anyone have one and can confirm it works? And is stable?

Bump

anyone have this? Are you happy with it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had it for about a month and have never been able to get it to work. When I plug it in, it's recognized as a new device, but that's it. I've been back and forth with their customer service (which takes a few days each time to reply) and they have been no help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That’s terrible. I’m glad I asked because I was close to purchasing it. I’d rather plug in every time and not deal with nonsense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Editing, now that my post has been moved to this existing discussion

I ordered the CPLAY2air after reading good reviews, but after much back and forth with their support team, I am going to have to send it back.

@hondaguyinla, sounds like you had the same experience. I get the "Enable this device?" screen on the car, I click Enable, then nothing. I never have the opportunity to connect my phone to the dongle via Bluetooth.

There is another product (Carlinkit, I think) that did not look as promising.

My car (2019 Accord Hybrid Touring) is supposed to be compatible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts