Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Exact same experience here I’m on to carlinkit. They said to do a firmware update which seems pretty involved. I have no time or attention span to start formatting usb drives. I’m done.

So, how did it go?
I successfully downloaded the update to my usb flash drive and uploaded the firmware.

Then, I plugged the dongle back into the car.

The red light stayed on and then it connected to the car.

Then it changed to a green light and it kept flashing.

Then, in about 5 minutes, it crashed... again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I successfully downloaded the update to my usb flash drive and uploaded the firmware.

Then, I plugged the dongle back into the car.

The red light stayed on and then it connected to the car.

Updating the Carlinkit/Carplay2air to the latest custom firmware (no log files generated) and replacing the stock USB Cable (possible only with Carlinkit CPC200-U2W-PLUS) with good quality cable,help in reducing head unit rebooting/blank screen and audio shattering issues.

I use this custom firmware (download and rename the file to U2W_Update)

And stock cable is replaced by Anker Powerline 3.0 USB C Cable.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I don't know what to recommend since mine is working as advertised. Once out of ten times it takes longer to connect than I'd expect, so I just unplug then replug it back in and everything's fine. The only other issue is occasionally the head unit screen will go blank even though everything else is operating normally. I touch Home, then back to CarPlay and the problem is fixed. This, too, only happens once in a great while.

Maybe it has something to do with the version of iOS you're using or the phone itself. For the record, I'm on an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.2.1. I do see that on the CarlinKit web site that they're no longer saying the Accord is totally compatible. I can only say that for me, so far [fingers crossed] 🤞 mine is working.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah very frustrating. I'm on an Iphone 12 with the latest iOS version. They, along with Cplay2air (I think somehow they are related) just take me around in circles... try this, try that, and nothing works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK. Fast forward to 2021 and can confirm the CarLinKit2 and cplay2air (which are both the same product) works fine with my 2020 Accord Touring. (Yes, it has a few slight annoyances like stated above, but I can overlook those). I found the CarLinkit2 dongle for $85 during black friday, but its $109 with free shipping on their site right now. Just plug it in to the USB socket in the console and forget it.

·
1.5T Touring - Gen10
148 Posts
Mine works 95% of the time correctly. But, I had to remove it. My entire info system started to lockup or go blank recently. Would happen ever couple days or so. I would have to turn the car off / on to get it to reset. I used my car without it for a week and I never had this issue when plugged in directly. I like the wireless mode, but I can't deal with this issue.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts