Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
port & polish everything
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for coupe

my trunk was vandalized, i was thinking about just throwing on a CF trunk, does anyone here have one and can provide a review, like fitment and any fading

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
I wouldn't spend money on it if it were me. Most likely your car will be the sun pretty often, so I'd expect fading after time if it's not well taken care of. And what would be the point of a CF trunk and everything else stock?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
^^ What he said, IMO, it wouldn't look great with a CF trunk, i'm not a big fan of CF in general though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I wouldn't spend money on it if it were me. Most likely your car will be the sun pretty often, so I'd expect fading after time if it's not well taken care of. And what would be the point of a CF trunk and everything else stock?
+1 given how poorly built/design aftermarket carbon fiber body panel, I would not be surprise the aftermarket carbon fiber trunk is heavier than stock trunk. A properly built/design CF trunk should be at least 30% lighter and with equivalent strength.

·
port & polish everything
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ask because oddly a CF trunk is potentially cheaper than a new OEM one and getting it painted.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey I say keep researching cause I think a cf trunk would look good ..... im looking for cf hood but can't find a company that makes it......
:/

·
port & polish everything
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did some looking around and it seems all the big brands for CF products still suffer from clearcoat loss.

there is one company carbon creations/extreme dimensions that makes a hood/trunk for our coupes, i sent them a note to ask what they do about this.
they claim to have a one year warranty but one year is not long enough to really be meaningful.

this stuff is still technology in progress, i saw a blurb about GM using some particularly expensive UV coating on their ZR1.

now that i think about this, i think even OEMs can be afflicted with this problem, one of my coworkers has an Evo and the CF spoiler was losing clearcoat also, but it was replaced under factory warranty.

I have the belize blue with tinted windows so i don't think it will look too mismatched. I'm mainly interested in a inexpensive bolt up solution.
I've never seen a bodyshop that did not mess something up, some just mess up more than others.

·
port & polish everything
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i emailed them and ask if they do any UV testing and they said no, just that the clearcoat is proven.

not particularly confidence inspiring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts