Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys have seen how the Chinese accord comes with foldable mirrors when they press the lock button is there anything I can install to make that happen??

·
Registered
277 Posts
You guys have seen how the Chinese accord comes with foldable mirrors when they press the lock button is there anything I can install to make that happen??
Maybe go get some Chinese mirrors. That's what I did on my prelude to get folding mirrors

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
The only way is to get the powered mirrors from those overseas Accords.

Keep in mind it's about $600+ to do this. Is it worth $600? Heck no.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Queue the Flyboy...

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Queue the Flyboy...

Jay
Thanks Jay, has anyone looked into buying a Canadian Accord and importing it into the US. If that's not a terrible process then import one from China. :notworthy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jay, has anyone looked into buying a Canadian Accord and importing it into the US. If that's not a terrible process then import one from China. :notworthy
I just want the mirrors not the whole car ;) and coz here people keep bumping into the mirrors. People who walk by don't care about these stuff

·
Registered
514 Posts
You can fold 'em by hand…

And they usually swing front and back, so people bumping in to them shouldn't be that big a deal.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I'm glad there are no real problems in the world as well as unlimited amounts of money, when people can spend all day and potentially $600 to fix a problem such as this. I mean really, how many people actually are "bumping" your mirrors every day? Yes it would be cool if they folded automatically (I guess?) but then that is one more motor to break.

I think it would be cool if my Accord V6 had gullwing doors. Maybe I should invest $15,000 to have someone build them for me

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm glad there are no real problems in the world as well as unlimited amounts of money, when people can spend all day and potentially $600 to fix a problem such as this. I mean really, how many people actually are "bumping" your mirrors every day? Yes it would be cool if they folded automatically (I guess?) but then that is one more motor to break.

I think it would be cool if my Accord V6 had gullwing doors. Maybe I should invest $15,000 to have someone build them for me
Marty, why don't you lay off of him. The want for folding mirrors is not ridiculous, even if it does cost $600 (which I personally wouldn't pay) also, you paid waaay over $600 to have a v6 in your accord, which I guarantee you don't need (thus why you have an accord) what IS the world coming to?

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
Marty, why don't you lay off of him. The want for folding mirrors is not ridiculous, even if it does cost $600 (which I personally wouldn't pay) also, you paid waaay over $600 to have a v6 in your accord, which I guarantee you don't need (thus why you have an accord) what IS the world coming to?
I'd pay $600+ for certain things. Like paddle shifters, or a nice exhaust, or rims. So I understand.

But I need the V6. Sorry, I could never live with the I4 anymore. Mind you, my last car was a 2009 Accord 2.4L, which I loved. That car had a nice snarl.

·
Registered
296 Posts

You're certainly right. And Jimmy doesn't like how his perfectly functional brakes work, so there's $2300 on a big brake kit. Johnny doesn't like his rims that roll perfectly fine, so there's another $3k. I totally agree, I wouldn't spend the money on this mod so therefore it makes me angry and spiteful that someone else would. Burn him alive!!!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
You're certainly right. And Jimmy doesn't like how his perfectly functional brakes work, so there's $2300 on a big brake kit. Johnny doesn't like his rims that roll perfectly fine, so there's another $3k. I totally agree, I wouldn't spend the money on this mod so therefore it makes me angry and spiteful that someone else would. Burn him alive!!!
I assume you're being sarcastic :)

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Accord V6 vs I4 choice is a little different than trying to get folding mirrors, but whatever....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why do foreign accords only come with power folding mirrors? There are plenty of streets I would love to be able to fold my mirrors in with the stroke of a button. Too many missing mirrors, I don't want to be next

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Why do foreign accords only come with power folding mirrors?
Ever drive in Hong Kong, Vietnam, India, or "old town" in any Chinese city? If there is 50 cm of room between you and the car to the right of you, some skinny lunatic on a scooter will soon occupy that space....and the lanes are not your typical "American" width. There is rarely a standardization of traffic devices (including lane width) from town to town. That is when you are driving.

Parking on a narrow street in Saigon? A matter of days until your unfolded mirror is torn off.

A couple of times I have had my mirrors folded "out"- I guess someone had to check their make-up or straighten their tie as they walked by.:dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I mean I understand why it's standard on foreign cars, London, Geneva, Lima are all the same. I just don't understand why you remove them for an American car. We have standardized lanes, but plenty of old and tiny streets. It's all about the bottom line I guess

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
Yeah I mean I understand why it's standard on foreign cars, London, Geneva, Lima are all the same. I just don't understand why you remove them for an American car. We have standardized lanes, but plenty of old and tiny streets. It's all about the bottom line I guess
Remove? No, it wasn't there to begin with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts