Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

Registered
Had to get the starter replaced about a month ago, got the service rep to knock off 20% so it was about $600 to replace. Still ridiculous since my 2013 Touring only had 38k miles.

CT2J35
Had to get the starter replaced about a month ago, got the service rep to knock off 20% so it was about $600 to replace. Still ridiculous since my 2013 Touring only had 38k miles.
I was just reading a post about this issue still persisting after replacement & tsb... Possible torque converter replacement 馃槗 still no clear answers if that fixes it.

Registered
I had this happen to me a month ago in about 50F weather. Hasn't happened since. I expect it will happen to me again. What I'm getting is that anyone who has replaced with the newer P/N's is still getting this issue and their tq converters are in good shape. Has anyone gotten a new starter that has worked flawlessly?
I'm reading the same thing. Ever the 04 parts will fail. I haven't read anyone with the TSB that hasn't had it happen again long-term. If the repair was a definite fix, I'd suck it up and pay for the starter and do it myself. But again, I'm not convinced.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts