Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Stig's day off...
223 Posts
Definitely do not like the new deck lid spoiler. It isn't as clean as the 08-10 versions in my opinion. I think they could have done better by the fog lights too. Maybe it's just me though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I believe this new fog is for the I4 bumper, the V6 has integrated fog like the previous.

I am wondering why they can't make the fog cover large enough to follow the contour of the curve on bumper?

·
Registered
333 Posts
+1 on the decklid, looks kinda like the 09+ TSX decklids, they should have made it like that instead of the camry look alikes..

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Definitely do not like the new deck lid spoiler. It isn't as clean as the 08-10 versions in my opinion. I think they could have done better by the fog lights too. Maybe it's just me though.
+1 :yes:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I dont know where the switch was on the 08-10 Accord for the foglights, but it's on the lighting switch now.

·
The Stig's day off...
223 Posts
The fog light switch in my 09 is on the lighting stick (turn signal is there too).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I went on collegehills to order a deck lid spoiler but then i saw the 2011 and got all confused again on what to do. now im holding off again.

will these two accesories go on the 2009 accord 4 cyl? especially the decklid

·
Registered
154 Posts
so someone buy all this stuff and put it on their 08-10 car and see if it works

·
Registered
833 Posts
I went on collegehills to order a deck lid spoiler but then i saw the 2011 and got all confused again on what to do. now im holding off again.

will these two accesories go on the 2009 accord 4 cyl? especially the decklid
all spoilers should fit since the trunk is still the same.

The 2011 fogs seem plausible on i4 bumper.

·
Dueces Club (22inch Club)
1,044 Posts
I would love to have both of those! Where is the ebay fog light replica I'm going to wait for that!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
those fog lights look recessed to me compared to 08-10 .
Since the bumper is totally different shape i doubt they will fit older model .

·
7th Gear
226 Posts
those fog lights look recessed to me compared to 08-10 .
Since the bumper is totally different shape i doubt they will fit older model .

Eh.. the changes are minor...Thats not what the issue is/will be. Its the Markings to cut the bumper to make them fit on the back side would be wrong. On 08-10 bumpers there were sections in the mold of the bumper marking where to drill and cut for fog lights to make install easier. Now foglights obviously have different location.

My guess is barring any wiring changes you will see the swaps start to happen...Im sure places like CHH are working on retrofitting new pieces onto older cars..

·
Dueces Club (22inch Club)
1,044 Posts
Eh.. the changes are minor...Thats not what the issue is/will be. Its the Markings to cut the bumper to make them fit on the back side would be wrong. On 08-10 bumpers there were sections in the mold of the bumper marking where to drill and cut for fog lights to make install easier. Now foglights obviously have different location.

My guess is barring any wiring changes you will see the swaps start to happen...Im sure places like CHH are working on retrofitting new pieces onto older cars..
I hope it works I would love to have that on my I4.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts