Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto-RX, Seafoam and the BG44 &109, CRC, Gunk and the other myriad choices.
Is there a time proven winner for treating engine, fuel and transmission systems.

I was doing research in the forum and the general consensus in the archived post seems to suggest this is a good product.
However I also found these 2 links on Google (and they too are outdated).
Can anyone who has personal experience please comment.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor...view-152/auto-rx-oil-treatment-dont-do-23328/

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56544 :paranoid:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I have been driving Honda automobiles since 1981 and my 2000 Accord V6 has over 160,000 miles and a couple of other ones had over 100,000 miles. I have never added anything to the engine except oil. None of these engines has every used more than a pint of oil between oil changes. Why do you want to add other stuff to the engine?

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
IMO Regular preventative fluid changes and using a Top Tier gas (toptiergas.com) regularly are the best things you can do for your car. In my experience these cleaning agents can actually hurt an older car that hasn't been maintained well. Some manufacturers even advise against using chemical flushes/cleaners. :thmsup:

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,160 Posts
Auto RX is an internal engine cleaner that works slowly. If your car is burning oil due to non mechanical issues, such as stuck piston rings, it can indeed help. Many success stories on Bobistheoilguy and some where it did nothing. If you pursue it go to the website and get the latest directions. They have changed several times over the past few years.

What are you trying to accomplish? Is there a known problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies Guys.
My AT 8th gen is sometimes rough between 1st and 3rd gears.
I bought the car used and don't have any maintenance history except carfax.
I was able to track the car by the VIN to the original dealer and a call to them confirmed that all the major maintenance was done.
But, I don't know if it was done in a timely manner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts