Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving my accord out of the garage now to make room for my gf's Rover......now I would rather have a car cover on it. Since i'll be using her car most of the time now. Anyways, how is the 8th gens Honda car cover? Compared to Cover King, Empire cover, and all those brands out there. They are quite the price and I have never felt the material...
Any input is much appreciated!
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Car-Cover-Accord-Coupe-2008-2010__08P34-TE0-100.aspx

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Car covers can be tricky. You can end up with more damage from the cover than you would ever get from parking the car outside unprotected.

You MUST only place a fresh clean cover on a pristine and perfectly clean car or the movement from the wind (and the installation/removal) will leave you with paint scratches from the dust and dirt on the finish. It can be a real PITA. Covers are really best used indoors on clean cars for storage.

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car covers can be tricky. You can end up with more damage from the cover than you would ever get from parking the car outside unprotected.

You MUST only place a fresh clean cover on a pristine and perfectly clean car or the movement from the wind (and the installation/removal) will leave you with paint scratches from the dust and dirt on the finish. It can be a real PITA. Covers are really best used indoors on clean cars for storage.
Im sold. Dont need to spend the extra 100 on something that might not be beneficial! Ill leave my baby out side naked then should be just fine. I just hate the trees that leave sticky sap/birds that crap all over the car. Especially on Honda not so great paint.

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Leaving one outside is scary stuff. Luckily my vehicles get to live in the garage. If the car you are speaking of is the black one in your avatar, I'd be especially careful using a cover. As a black car owner, you know how touchy black paint is if it's touched! Maybe you can con her into leaving the Rover outside. It's an outdoorsy type of sled.

Yeah. Good luck with that. :lmao:

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Find a car cover for the Rover.
I totally agree :yes:

Since you'll be using her car most of the time, why just leave it outside. You don't want to say 'No' to her .:naughty: :lmao:

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha no doubt! Yeah that would be mine. I love black especially when cleaned up, but if you take a glance up close you can see every piece of crap on there!

I'm just being nice...for now...my car gets the outside, you make the sammiches!

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Yeah, I had three color choices: white, silver, black.
My mom had a white car, and it was a pain to keep clean. Accords look very nice in silver, easy to maintain. I pick black because they told me it looked more aggressive, but with all the rain, snow storms I haven't washed the car in 3 months so the exterior is very dirty.

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
car covers are tedious to work with, and it usually end up scratching your paint when dusts gets underneath the cover while you put it on/off your car. I'd be more worry about people scratching/nicking/hitting your car leaving it outside more so than dirt itself.

·
Registered
155 Posts

I agree. Plus, high-end covers will set you back $200+. If you still want to look into one, check out the outdoor covers sold by autoanything. Most of the high-end ones actually have pretty good reveiws. My Camaro is kept indoors I have a $200+ indoor flannel cover on it and I take great care when I put it on and take it off as the cover itself can even scratch the finish. If my car happens to get dirty when I have it out, I'll wash the car before covering it again. I have a semi-heated garage and I go one step further for winter storage.....I cover the car with the flannel cover and then it goes in an indoor non-breathable full car storage bag with desiccant bags inside to remove any moisture...I think the storage bag was like $250. The paint job on my Camaro was not cheap, so I'm a little extreme.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to bump an old topic. Is anyone using one for outdoors that has a recommendation? I'm seeing a few of them on eBay with lifetime warranties, etc.

My car is outside 100% of the time and I'd like to get something to protect it.

Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
I strongly disagree with those who -- not having used them, apparently -- think car covers are either difficult to use or "tricky." I've used them for decades. Common sense in when to use them and how to put one on goes a long way.

Honda's covers (Bernardi, College Hills, etc.) are reasonably priced, fit and are easy to use. They are good for about four years of daily use. For a Honda, I'd start there. If you own a 911, there are other, better choices.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What about an aluminum instant 1 car garage like those found at harbor freight? I am going to look at 2012/13 ford edge sports for the wife TODAY and only have a 1 car garage. The accord stays so I am considering options for the potential edge purchase.

·
budsthe3
199 Posts
I recently bought the Honda brand cover for my 8th Gen, and it works really great, just make sure the car is clean before you put it on.
I do not use my Accord everyday, so that does make it easier. When I do use the car, I just dust it off with one of those Car Dusters before I put the cover on.
I've been doing this for the past 3 months and the car looks like it was just washed when I take the cover off....I washed it last back in December.
There are no scratches on my car either. The key is just making sure its dusted off before you put the cover on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts