Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Eibach's pro-kit will be avail soon, I was wondering if anyone had any previous experience with them. By experience, I'm mainly interested in ride quality with stock struts/shocks.

Will I see a decent benefit in handling?

Please don't respond by giving me alternative solutions....ie coilovers

I'm looking to get a slightly lowered stance and better handling without sacrificing ride comfort.

·
Formerly 00Accord4cyl
80 Posts
I had them on my 6th gen for awhile with stock struts and they never blew. They were on the car for probably 3+ years. I personally was never happy with them only because the drop was so minimal. On the 6th gen it dropped the car 1.5", and I think with the 9th gen it is only like 1" which to me seems like a waste of money. I "noticed" a difference is handling but it was probably just a placebo effect. The ride quality was same as stock.

I ended up selling them and going with the Eibach Sportlines with were a 2" drop. I went with Tokico Blues with that combo and noticed a much bigger difference in ride and handling.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the eibach prokit on my 2008 Mazda 3 and loved them. Closed the fender gap, ride was great (slightly stiffer than stock but not "harsh") and lasted me over 45K miles with no issues on the struts. I believe the prokit on mine came out to just at 1.25" over all drop, which I think is plenty. Everyone is different tho, some will say that its a waste of money unless you are slammed with 1.75" drop or more. Eibach is a quality brand, but unfortunately, I have not ever used H&R or TEIN to compare them to Eibach.

I hope someone that has had both before will chime in as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Since Eibach's pro-kit will be avail soon, I was wondering if anyone had any previous experience with them. By experience, I'm mainly interested in ride quality with stock struts/shocks.

Will I see a decent benefit in handling?

Please don't respond by giving me alternative solutions....ie coilovers

I'm looking to get a slightly lowered stance and better handling without sacrificing ride comfort.
We have lots of experience with Eibach, Tein, H&R and the rest of the springs we carry and from what you're looking for it sounds like the Pro-Kit springs will be a good match for you. In most applications they do offer a slight drop and mild increase in stiffness. They work very well with stock shocks/struts still and between sitting a bit lower and being stiffer, the handling does respond well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We have lots of experience with Eibach, Tein, H&R and the rest of the springs we carry and from what you're looking for it sounds like the Pro-Kit springs will be a good match for you. In most applications they do offer a slight drop and mild increase in stiffness. They work very well with stock shocks/struts still and between sitting a bit lower and being stiffer, the handling does respond well.

Any idea when you will have them in stock?

·
Registered
114 Posts
We sell more eibach pro kits than any other spring out there. Customers love the ride. We have never had a customer come back from premature strut/shock failure or any other complaint about them. Even with their sport line spring which will lower the vehicle more we have had zero comebacks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just wish the drop was more in the front for the 4 cylinder models

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just wish the drop was more in the front for the 4 cylinder models
Most lowering springs will always have a slightly higher stance when your not in the vehicle so that when you or a front passenger get in it doesn't lower it more than intended. At least this is what our eibach rep told us. Always seems to be worse in honda/Acura applications.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had the pro kits on my rsx. Ride seemed better but i'm sure it was the placebo effect. Eventually my shocks blew and I could finally switch up my suspension which is what I was waiting for. If I were to go the spring route again I would go with Eibach but in general i'd rather go with coilovers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am looking to get springs but not sure between Eibach or Tein. Which has a better stance with/without passengers in the car? Also, is it better to have more lowering in the front compared to the rear or vice versa?

Also, ride comfort is one of my primary factors in which one to get.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had the pro kits on my rsx. Ride seemed better but i'm sure it was the placebo effect. Eventually my shocks blew and I could finally switch up my suspension which is what I was waiting for.
How many miles did you put on your springs before the shocks blew? I drive around 12000 miles a year and hoping i can get 3-4 years out of them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
How many miles did you put on your springs before the shocks blew? I drive around 12000 miles a year and hoping i can get 3-4 years out of them.

I'd say maybe 50,000km maybe a little more. I think I had them on for about 2-3 years. Can't exactly remember since it's been awhile.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am looking to get springs but not sure between Eibach or Tein. Which has a better stance with/without passengers in the car? Also, is it better to have more lowering in the front compared to the rear or vice versa?

Also, ride comfort is one of my primary factors in which one to get.

Either one is going to ride well. The Tein S-Techs and Eibach Pro-Kit are designed specifically to maintain good ride quality while offering a sportier look. The Teins offer a bit more drop in the front at 1.3", and only .4" for the rear.
The Eibachs are as mentioned 1.0" front and .7" rear drops.

www.proimporttuners.com/parts/2013-honda/accord-springs

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts