Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new here! I’m getting a new Accord soon and want to put on a DP but don’t want to tune (had too many issues). I found the RV6 catted DP and on the dyno picture it mentions it was done with a stock tune. I also emailed them and asked if you’d get a CEL with the catted DP and they said you wouldn’t but no guarantees.

Is anyone running this DP with the stock tune? Are you getting CELs or is everything fine?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a RV6 catted DP and got a CEL. It didn't turn on right away, but after a week or two of having it on.

You can easily turn it off with either tuner and if you got a DP I'd think you'd have a tune as well to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I was hoping to find a dp that doesn't require a tune to work properly. For instance when I had a GTI, I had an AWE dp that didn't require any tune and didn't throw any CELs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the catless version installed on my 2.0 with no tune, and I have no CEL. Maybe I just got lucky....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe the tune with a dp will cause a CEL. Personally I think a tune is the best bang for the buck, big difference in power with a tune. I would get a tune first before spending the money on a dp. The dp power bump isn't that noticeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts