Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Touring and it is paired with BT but text messages are not coming in on the screen. Is there something special that needs to be done to get it to function properly?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I no longer have an iPhone but had the same problem when I did. Found this after searching (you could do a search too, you know):

On your iPhone: Settings/Bluetooth/HandsFreeLink*/Show Notifications/ON

*Press the info circle on the right side of the screen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I no longer have an iPhone but had the same problem when I did. Found this after searching (you could do a search too, you know):

On your iPhone: Settings/Bluetooth/HandsFreeLink*/Show Notifications/ON

*Press the info circle on the right side of the screen.
I do typically search, but for some reason last night was too lazy! :D In any event, thanks, I now receive texts, but when it goes to reply it fails and gives an error that it can't send the reply. Any ideas?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
I do typically search, but for some reason last night was too lazy! :D In any event, thanks, I now receive texts, but when it goes to reply it fails and gives an error that it can't send the reply. Any ideas?
That is what it does, no work around.

Jay

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That is what it does, no work around.

Jay
Exactly right. It seems to work when it wants to. Haven't found a consistent work around in almost 2 years.

Does anyone know if the Siri Eyes Free actually allows you to respond to text messages?

It has worked for me on occasion. Had the same issue on my iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
Does anyone know if the Siri Eyes Free actually allows you to respond to text messages?
Siri Eyes free does respond. It'll read out the text and ask if you want to reply. I use it all the time.
If we are talking about the "canned" responses I have never been able to get them to work.

Jay

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If we are talking about the "canned" responses I have never been able to get them to work.

Jay
But, I've been reading that the new Nav update might fix this, or if you don't have Nav, maybe just the latest firmware/software update. I'll let ya know after I've installed my Nav update, or maybe someone else can chime in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts