Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if they make an inline adapter for Honda pref 7th gen
For my android phone that also keeps xm intact

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Any Aux Input Converter will allow you to connect your android phone using the headphone output, assuming an Android phone has a headphone miniplug output. Most Aux Input Converters are XM compatible. They emulate an external CD-Changer for any audio source input. No control or power from the stereo, but it will play any audio.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any Aux Input Converter will allow you to connect your android phone using the headphone output, assuming an Android phone has a headphone miniplug output. Most Aux Input Converters are XM compatible. They emulate an external CD-Changer for any audio source input. No control or power from the stereo, but it will play any audio.
Great, two questions that remain, is there an aux input converter that allows for ipod and miniplug on my android (sorry if that is a stupid question i just am curious if you can buy one for everything just in case)

Also will the aux allow me to take calls in the car via speakers?

With this be sufficient for my '06?
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonauxdmxv2.html

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/ljhonaux35.html

Also what does it mean when it says you cannot control the aux unit when it is plugged in because it is a direct audio connect -

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Almost all iPod kits include an Aux input for any audio source. If a voice call is output through the headphone jack, then it is plausible to be heard through the car speakers. But it may also depend on what source you have selected (obviously), and what app your phone is running at the time and how it reacts to an incoming call. All you can do is test it out on your own. You would have to hold the phone in proximity to your head so the phone can pick up your voice through the mic. Since you have an XM head unit, get the iSimple iPod kit for $117 at Autotoys. You can use your iPod with the Dock Connector, and the Android through the standard Aux miniplug. But not at the same time, you would have to switch sources between the iPod and Aux2 to switch between the iPod and your Android phone.

What does it mean when you can't control an Aux unit? It means you cannot use the stereo controls to control the Aux device because you are only using a stereo miniplug to feed audio directly to the head unit. There isn't any data interface to control the device. So you control the aux device from the device itself, no stereo or steering wheel controls.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man if there was a a thanks or rep button on our forums you'd be the man
Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts