Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
I have that setup with Richie's J-Pipe as well and it sounds great. It is louder then stock (duh) but doesn't have that loudness other more ricey sounding exhausts (greddy evo) have. Normal driving there is no rasp or cabin drone whatsoever. When you stomp on it, it sounds nice and mean, but definitely not ricey or ear shattering.

I think it's one of the nicer looking exhausts out there as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Didn't know about the test pipe, but was thinking about going with the Apexi WS2 too...Question, would getting a test pipe fail me in the annual State Inspection? I live in Texas btw

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't know about the test pipe, but was thinking about going with the Apexi WS2 too...Question, would getting a test pipe fail me in the annual State Inspection? I live in Texas btw
You'll definitely fail the sniffer. But there are ways to fool the ECU... but you'll nonetheless, because the smell is pretty distinct anyway.

IKETHEGREAT.... Nice looking ride man! Freaking love it!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Eh, I guess no test pipe then...not worth the trouble

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just wondering if anybody has that setup. Wanted to know if the test pipe ruins the sound of of Apexi exhaust? Is it loud? Raspy? Thanks!
If you have the V6 you should be fine with both passing emmissions (aside from visual) and won't make that exhaust raspy. The precats do most of the work. If you have I4, then i don't know.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have that setup with Richie's J-Pipe as well and it sounds great. It is louder then stock (duh) but doesn't have that loudness other more ricey sounding exhausts (greddy evo) have. Normal driving there is no rasp or cabin drone whatsoever. When you stomp on it, it sounds nice and mean, but definitely not ricey or ear shattering.

I think it's one of the nicer looking exhausts out there as well.
So you're saying the greddy evo is ricey? I kinda take offense to that ...lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can the '07 V6 Sedan use the same exhaust as the coupe?

On their site they specify that it's for the coupe but I like the look in the second post.

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Can the '07 V6 Sedan use the same exhaust as the coupe?

On their site they specify that it's for the coupe but I like the look in the second post.
Coupe exhausts will fit the sedan but you have to weld on a 3" extension since the sedan is slightly longer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honestly, you should not have to worry about visual. Keep your stock J-Pipe with the 3rd cat attached to it. In CA, we have to worry about the visual too, but if you're lowered you won't have to worry about visual inspections, and if you're real smart, you'll keep your stock J-Pipe and bolt it up to your exhaust, and bam you're smog legal again. Just my $0.02 :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts