Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 20’ Accord now for nearly a month and love it! Over this time period I have played with Apple CarPlay on and off. Today was probably the most frustrating experience dealing with CarPlay and maps.

So I’m now traveling to various locations for my job instead of just the one location I’ve been working at for the past 10 years. When I got into my car I brought up google maps and set my new destination in. My phone had me going to the proper location I wanted but on the screen of my car has me going to my old work location. I had to pull over multiple times to fix the issue, and I think I figured it out. I’m thinking that I need to input my destination via the touchscreen of my car and not my phone, but, the route is not highlighted, and sometimes the guidance voice failed to alert me to a turn. I’ll have to keep trying it out to know for sure. Another issue I am having is...

Apparently I can’t use my steering wheel controls to make phone calls anymore. Nope. When I try to, my car displays a msg saying to use my phone app to initiate calls. Great. The problem is, I only have 3 or 4 contacts appearing under contacts list on the touchscreen. If I want to access all of my contacts I need to actually use my phone to find them or unplug it so that my steering wheel controls come back.
This is my first car using CarPlay and, I’m fairly disappointed in how useless this seems to be. But, maybe I’m not using it properly or maybe there’s a setting I’m missing here?

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
I have had my 20’ Accord now for nearly a month....
Maybe something got damaged/knocked loose when you hit that dip in the road with your 20 foot Accord. Maybe try resetting the whole system by disconnect battery cables? 🤷

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe something got damaged/knocked loose when you hit that dip in the road with your 20 foot Accord. Maybe try resetting the whole system by disconnect battery cables? 🤷

Yea I don’t know. I drove by the dip the other day and while it felt like I hit a curb, the dip didn’t look too bad. I honestly don’t think that has anything to do with it. Besides, I’m fairly certain it’s software related.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The system is working as designed. The steering wheel controls only work via bluetooth when the phone is not connected via the lightning cable. Are you using Apple Maps or Google Maps? I have zero issues with Google Maps when I enter the address on the phone then plug it in.

I can't remember about the contact list, but I think it shows your favorites as the default.

Also, Namegoes here was ripping on you for writing 20' as that means 20 foot, not 2020.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The system is working as designed. The steering wheel controls only work via bluetooth when the phone is not connected via the lightning cable. Are you using Apple Maps or Google Maps? I have zero issues with Google Maps when I enter the address on the phone then plug it in.

I can't remember about the contact list, but I think it shows your favorites as the default.

Also, Namegoes here was ripping on you for writing 20' as that means 20 foot, not 2020.
I figured he was. All good!
I mainly use google maps. I’m not sure why I’m getting several destinations when I plug in my phone but, it is super frustrating.

Try using Siri to make your phone calls from your iPhone.
Yep that’s what I had to resort to.

·
Triangle wins
2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T 6-speed manual
39 Posts
Maybe you’ve got Google Maps running on your phone display and then Apple Maps called up from the car display; They look similar. I’ve accidentally had them both going at once, confused the #%&$ out of me. Even had the two of them both yammering different sets of directions at me...like driving with two mothers-in-law in the back seat.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe you’ve got Google Maps running on your phone display and then Apple Maps called up from the car display; They look similar. I’ve accidentally had them both going at once, confused the #%&$ out of me. Even had the two of them both yammering different sets of directions at me...like driving with two mothers-in-law in the back seat.
Ha; happened to me a few months ago also. It was after an IOS update pushed Apple Maps to the top of the CarPlay list where Waze used to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a software update today on my accord that might solve some of your issues:
NEW SOFTWARE VERSION 18AA-2071-001
Additions/Enhancements:
• Garmin Navigation app update to version 2.24.
Provides software updates to correct the following potential intermittent errors: • Conceals Wi-Fi password after initial connection setting.
• System resets while driving.
• Apple CarPlay® disconnects while in use.
• Display Audio showing incorrect device name when paired to a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. • Information from the Display Audio appears blank on the meter display.
• Bluetooth® connected pop up message at Ignition ON.
• Brightness mode for the Display Audio and buttons syncing with lighting.
• HondaLink app reports incorrect vehicle information.
• System resets while in Reverse.
• Parking sensor displays Full view, when set to Split view.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts