Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this error mean and how do I fix it? It stopped working for me. Picture attached.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same message when phone trying to connect. Unpaired and repaired with same results.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have had a few glitches over the Apple CarPlay too. I’m not sure if it’s the same for the 2021, but for me, it usually worked when I disconnect the charging cord and reconnected it to the phone. Other times I had to restart the car and the problem went away. So I’m guessing restarting the car when you can since it’s wireless for you guys?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I use the wireless car play. Even with a car restart nothing. I am thinking of doing a factory reset see if that solves it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
What does this error mean and how do I fix it? It stopped working for me. Picture attached. View attachment 534112
The message itself is a Android error message. The head unit is essentially an Android device. This particular message means that the app called "SmartPhoneConnectUtils" has crashed, so Android had to stop it. You can probably clear it by turning the car off, and on again. That should re-start Android, but won't do anything about what caused the crash.

There have been some similar issues, and much confusion, in the Hybrid over a similar message. There, the app that crashed was the one that displays how power is flowing between the battery, engine, and wheels. The confusing part is that the app is called PowerFlow, so the message is "Unfortunately, PowerFlow has stopped."

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring Hybrid
61 Posts
Unfortunately, restarting the car may not work because that doesn't really reboot the head unit. Try this:

To restart Head Unit:
1. Step on Brake
2. Start engine, then immediately shift to reverse by pressing Reverse button. This will turn on the reverse camera.
3. After 2 to 4 sec, shift to neutral (press Neutral button). At this point, the head unit will restart. The delayed availability of "OK" button (greyed out) on the disclaimer screen indicates that the head unit is indeed restarting. If The "OK" on the Head unit is immediately available after shifting to Neutral, the process did not work, repeat the process. Try shifting to Neutral faster.
4. Recheck the "Up time" in settings, and it should only be a few seconds at that point. Head unit has been successfully restarted

The timing of step 3 can be tricky. It can take a few tries to get it to work.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Unfortunately, restarting the car may not work because that doesn't really reboot the head unit. Try this:
And in my experience with "Power Flow" (it's happened twice) and "Tunner" (not to me, but it affects the FM, and we seemed to think it was a mispelling unless they are brewing beer in the car), rebooting wasn't necessary. The app has to initialize, not the Android system. But, as always, your mileage may vary.

I've also never hear of that procedure working in a hybrid. The tricky part is "start engine." It has a mind of its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts