Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Approximately how long will a clutch last in the 7th generation Accord?

23K views 78 replies 41 participants last post by  StorminMatt 
I replaced my 6-6's clutch at 89,000 miles (about two months ago). It did not need to be replaced per se, but since the throwout bearing was going out I decided to do it anyways (along with the pressure plate and flywheel). From my observations, the disc had about 25% left in it. I am not saying that your clutch has anywhere near the same wear. Maybe more, maybe less. As was mentioned, everyone's driving style is different. I have seen cars with 200K that are still on the original clutch. As long as the feel or operation isn't different, you shouldn't have to worry about it for awhile.

Rev match. The "rev hang" in the drive by wire system doesn't always (almost never, in fact) match the exact rpm needed. As a rule of thumb, I shift into 2nd at 20mph and rev match to 2100 rpm. So if you were accelerating off the line quickly, you could match 2nd at ~4100rpm at 40mph (end of 1st gear). Shifting at low rpm from 1st to 2nd is smoother because the rev hang takes less time (revs only drop 300-500rpm) meaning that you can shift quicker, i.e. less hesitation before clutch release. I hope this makes sense.

In 2nd,
10mph = ~1100rpm
20mph = ~2100
30mph = ~3100
40mph = ~4100
Etc...

* rev hang being defined as the electronically controlled throttle body holding open momentarily to account for the time to move the gear shift into a taller gear and attempting to engage the clutch without driver input on rev matching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.