Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Approximately how long will a clutch last in the 7th generation Accord?

23K views 78 replies 41 participants last post by  StorminMatt 
I have the 2004 Honda Accord V-6 with the six speed 3.0 litre engine.

To my knowledge, the clutch in my car is the original one, and my car is getting close to 82,000 miles on the odometer. I always drive the car very carefully, I will drive fast for pleasure, but I never do things like burnouts and clutch dumps or anything like that. About two years ago when I purchased the vehicle, I learned how to drive manual transmission in the car. I imagine that I did not do it any favors while I was learning, however that was the only time any real wear and tear were put on the clutch. I also live in the Seattle area, so hill starts are an everyday thing. I was told I could reduce clutch wear by useing the handbrake trick, but I have always opted to do it the old fashioned way.

Other then that, I am just wondering how long it might be before I have to have the clutch replaced. Any ideas what the timeline is on one of these cars?
Mister, I may not have the most helpful answer of the bunch but I can tell you this. I am definitely looking for a 7th gen V6 cause I think it is still the most beautiful Accord of the last 20 years atleast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.