Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts
How long will a clutch last? That's almost totally dependent on the operator.

~ 165,000 km (~103,000 miles): original clutch

>90% city driving. Hoping it lasts like the energizer bunny.

Condition: clicking/creaking noises when engaging, or disengaging clutch pedal. Apparently common on the 7th generation Accord.
My mechanic suggested replacing the clutch master cylinder but based on readings here, I'm not sure that would actually solve the interior clicking noise.
Carefully clean and lightly grease the clutch fork where it contacts the slave cylinder. That should resolve the squeak.

I used a little bit of scotch brite to scuff up the surface, as both ends were practically polished.

Carefully clean and lightly grease the clutch fork where it contacts the slave cylinder. That should resolve the squeak.

I used a little bit of scotch brite to scuff up the surface, as both ends were practically polished.
Nope, that's not going to fix his issue.

Condition: clicking/creaking noises when engaging, or disengaging clutch pedal. Apparently common on the 7th generation Accord.
My mechanic suggested replacing the clutch master cylinder but based on readings here, I'm not sure that would actually solve the interior clicking noise.
You need to get a needle grease fitting, crawl under the dash, and grease inside the piston that attaches to the clutch pedal.

~ 165,000 km (~103,000 miles): original clutch

>90% city driving. Hoping it lasts like the energizer bunny.

I had this problem with my car when I first got it. White lithium grease on all of the pivot points under the dash solved my issues.

Also, 138k on the factory clutch in my 4/5. 50/50 driving, and I am not exactly kind to it.

230k miles+

I have a 2001 civic ex coupe, 230k miles on original clutch and still going strong. (Bought it from an original owner with 110k miles) Crazy to read how some people had theirs replaced around 100k. I do not drive it hard, daily driver, mostly highway miles.. just replaced struts and lower ball joints. Great little car for sure.

75 k miles and my clutch is still performance well, i too will drive fast for pleasure but not abusive. there's a different between driving ur car fast but correctly and being abusive. my friend would abuse the clutch big time even though he's slow as snail, he burns clutch everytime i don't know y?( well he's a beginner) im trying to tell him reving in between gear doesn't do any damn thing to make it fast, but i don't think he gets it, must have watched too many fast and furioust!

For longevity...

2003 Honda Accord 2.4 260K original clutch

1995 Saturn SL1 1.9 410K ORIGINAL clutch only reason I am not driving it is because the head cracked in 2012

1986 Toyota Pickup 2.4 170K original new one still good @ 270K (was used as a work truck amazing the clutch lasted that long)

In my brakes class, my professor says that when the clutch fluid in the reservoir gets to the max line the clutch is worn out. I’m not 100% on that so I’m pretty skeptical on it. He mentioned that cause my clutch fluid is reaching the max line.

2006 Honda Accord 2.4L 5MT 170k

In my brakes class, my professor says that when the clutch fluid in the reservoir gets to the max line the clutch is worn out. I’m not 100% on that so I’m pretty skeptical on it. He mentioned that cause my clutch fluid is reaching the max line.

2006 Honda Accord 2.4L 5MT 170k
Nah - is it slipping when you floor it in high gear at 40mph?

When was the last time you changed the fluid? It really has nothing to do with the clutch itself.

The clutch shouldn't need replacing for the entire life of the car, unless you're abusing it. Many people are under the impression there's a certain amount of material that's lost from friction between the clutch plate and flywheel, but this is a fallacy, unless you're abusing it.

The interior clicking is most likely the cruise control/clutch switch wearing out.

I'm at 130k on my original clutch. My previous Accord Gen6 clutch was still chugging along at 260k when it was totaled while my bro-in-law had it. At 260k I likened it to "threading a needle" as the pressure point was very small, and higher up. But it still got from A to B without a problem.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.