Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Are blank plates replaceable after removal

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GPz1100 
#1 ·
If extra blank plates under the Econ button on 4 cylinder models replaceable if they are removed?

I may get an aftermarket alarm installed and I need some place to put the LED. I want a place that is easy for the installer to access without lots of dash disassembly and I want the installation to be 100% reversible in case I want to resell the car 100% stock as if an alarm was never installed.

Those blank plates stood out to me as the best place for the alarm LED to go. I figured that they could drill a hole in the plate and put the LED light there and I could buy a replacement plate if the alarm was removed in the future and I didn't want the drill hole where the LED was to still be there. Any better ideas?
If years later, I want the alarm installation undone and I want the car to go back to stock, is it possible to buy a new blank faceplate and put it in the same spot, or is it a problem that once the plate is removed, there is no way to reattach a new plate?

See less See more
#2 ·
The blank plates fit in like clips and are extremely easy to replace, literally unclip it out and fit the new one in. I used mine to hardwire the buttons for a radar. You can order it from Honda for around $3.50ish, but I would order it when ordering something else because if I remember correctly shipping was 2 or 3 times the price of the part.

Depending on how big the LED and the circuit for alarm are, I would order an extra in case you mess up the first one and are OCD about how it looks like me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.