Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new front strut assemblies are arriving on Wednesday. For those who have used these before, I just wanted to check something real quick...are these things fully assembled and ready to go out of the box? Any bolts that need tightening or anything like that?

The part #s are:

51601-SDA-A31
51602-SDA-A32

·
Super Moderator
6,617 Posts
If you ordered just the struts, then you need to compress the old springs and take them off, as well as the top hats and mount them up with the new struts. If you ordered the "entire assembly" meaning strut + spring + top hat already in place, then it's ready to go.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you ordered just the struts, then you need to compress the old springs and take them off, as well as the top hats and mount them up with the new struts. If you ordered the "entire assembly" meaning strut + spring + top hat already in place, then it's ready to go.
Yep, I ordered the assemblies. Just wanted to check that they were fully assembled and didn't need the center spring nut tightened or anything like that.

·
Super Moderator
6,617 Posts
Then you are good to go. The only thing you need to do is fight with the rusted bolts. The fronts can also be a pain. If you don't have a large pry bar, you will need a second person standing on the rotor to get the top side to dislodge the whole assembly from the bolt holes. I suggest start spraying all relevant bolts and nuts with PB Blaster a week before you start the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts